Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed new rings and pistons and now after about 50 miles the compression on the mag side is down to 100. Pto side is at 147.

Any idea what could be wrong, before I tear it down?

Sled runs fine, plugs looked good.

·
ammunta katselija
1,698 Posts
m3zr2 said:
I installed new rings and pistons and now after about 50 miles the compression on the mag side is down to 100. Pto side is at 147.

Any idea what could be wrong, before I tear it down?

Sled runs fine, plugs looked good.
[snapback]257743[/snapback]​
Did you brush hone the cylinders? If not, the rings on one cylinder my not be seating.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I can empathize with you, was in that exact same boat last weekend --> http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31273&hl=

At least I got 76 miles on mine!?!

I just finished another set of new pistons and recon cylinders. Now I'm so paranoid that I pulled the raves to have a look after the first heat cycle 15 minutes ago. A bit nervous that the moly is already wearing a fair amount, but I guess I'll have a look after the second cycle.

Don't know what to say for ya, you see lots of people puting pistons and rings in around here and not a whole lot of problems. I was very careful this time, soaked the case up with paper towels, put the base on dry, and am going to heat cycle it 3-4 times before getting on it. Was hoping to do an air leak test for good measure but couldn't find one in time before this weekend. Good luck, and let us know what you find out. I'll doo the same!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts