Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if this is as good as claimed?

Seems like a good idea based on all the random issues that get posted regarding the old system.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I wonder if the tether will have to have a battery in it (I'm guessing it does) and what happens if that battery goes dead?

Will they still have to be programmed by a dealer?

·
Registered
919 Posts
It will have a low frequency chip in it, no battery. I'd bet it will have to be programmed for your sled for security reasons, at least I hope it does.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
remote start would be pretty sweet, let your sled warm up while getting your gear on.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
I would hope it needs to be programmed to your sled.

·
Registered
591 Posts
they should just do it like the Harley Davidson system with a key fob, the bike wont start unless the fob is with in 5 feet of the bike. this would be nice on the sled just leave it in you pocket, when you sit down on it pull the kill switch up and go,

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree with blizzard340.

Give me less BS to go wrong with the sled please! I like new technology and whatnot, but a plain ol key is where its at.

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
they should just do it like the Harley Davidson system with a key fob, the bike wont start unless the fob is with in 5 feet of the bike. this would be nice on the sled just leave it in you pocket, when you sit down on it pull the kill switch up and go,
So what happens when you get pinned under your sled with the throttle stuck open?? They're designed they way they are for that specific reason.

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
My thoughts as well whoever,

There no different than a the dess. Must be programmed by dealer. I'm not sure if you can program multiple keys to multiple sleds, like the old dess keys.

And no you cannot retro fit onto older dess sleds

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The key looks hideous on doo's site. I hope you can rotate the stupid antenna/key downward so it lays flat against the cowl. Over engineered if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts