Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks I just ordered a 2011 Renegade Adrenaline 800 E-Tec yesterday. Also may have a line on a X-package Renegade cancellation. I have not ridden in 10 yrs with a Yammi SRX 700. Can't wait to see how these new sleds handle vs my old SRX.

What if anything should a newbie know about a Renegade as far as maintanence etc? Any known issues I should be aware of?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. I have almost the same sled on the way. Mine is the Backcountry model. I ride with a couple guys that still have SRXs. Fast sleds although a bit heavy and not the best in the powder. So far, the reports on the 800 etec have been very good. I think you will find the difference going from an SRX to a new Renegade to be pretty amazing.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
NICE! if you really want to feel the power of that baby get a 1.75 TRACK and tell also your dealer to remove 1-2 tooth on top, you will be scared

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NICE! if you really want to feel the power of that baby get a 1.75 TRACK and tell also your dealer to remove 1-2 tooth on top, you will be scared
How will the 1.75 track affect top end? Also explain 1-2 tooth on top? I assume your talking about a different gear? Being out of the loop for so long, I sure feel like a rookie. I can't wait to feel the pull of this machine. Getting older now, probally leave clutch etc alone. Just don't have the time to be experimenting or breaking down. I also don't understand the floating QD clutch mod I've read about on here a bit. Any body care to explain in detail for me and is it necessary on my machine?

Thanks guys, let it snow!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
How will the 1.75 track affect top end? Also explain 1-2 tooth on top? I assume your talking about a different gear? Being out of the loop for so long, I sure feel like a rookie. I can't wait to feel the pull of this machine. Getting older now, probally leave clutch etc alone. Just don't have the time to be experimenting or breaking down. I also don't understand the floating QD clutch mod I've read about on here a bit. Any body care to explain in detail for me and is it necessary on my machine?

Thanks guys, let it snow!
ya he's talking about having it geared down a couple teeth to better suit the 1.75 track i have a bc x and it has a 1.75 track with 21-45 gearing and holy hell dose this thing hook up and pull like crazy

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya he's talking about having it geared down a couple teeth to better suit the 1.75 track i have a bc x and it has a 1.75 track with 21-45 gearing and holy hell dose this thing hook up and pull like crazy
What's a new track costing these days? How did it affect your top end?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
You should love the handling of the Gade especiallly off-trail in the deeper snow. Now on a hardpacked groomed trail....I believe that your ole SRX would pull away from a 800 Gade as far as cornering, and it's lowwwwwwwwwwwwwww center of gravity. Enjoy your new sled......you chose a good one!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
What's a new track costing these days? How did it affect your top end?
i believe a track like that is in the 500 hundred range with the 21-45 gearing i got the speedo to read 97 but it got there very quickly

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You should love the handling of the Gade especiallly off-trail in the deeper snow. Now on a hardpacked groomed trail....I believe that your ole SRX would pull away from a 800 Gade as far as cornering, and it's lowwwwwwwwwwwwwww center of gravity. Enjoy your new sled......you chose a good one!
Not so sure! I have seen the Gade's run the trails very very well. Just need to set them up more for trail not deep snow.
(JMHO)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I suspect my Renegade will see more trail action than deep powder. I will be headed to the U.P. a couple times where I'm apt to see some powder but the lower it's a little harder to find. How does the 1.75 track act on the trails?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I suspect my Renegade will see more trail action than deep powder. I will be headed to the U.P. a couple times where I'm apt to see some powder but the lower it's a little harder to find. How does the 1.75 track act on the trails?
i've had no issues at all rides good now the guys that ride behind me were complaining i was throwing a lot of snow and rocks at them

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 10 BCX and switched the track to the Camo ice ripper with the built in studs, it is really great in all conditions. My big issue is the packed snow turning. The stock skis just do not hold an edge and I feel like the narrow stance does not help. any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I have a 10 BCX and switched the track to the Camo ice ripper with the built in studs, it is really great in all conditions. My big issue is the packed snow turning. The stock skis just do not hold an edge and I feel like the narrow stance does not help. any suggestions?
C and A skis. I have a 1.75 and it goes where I point it with these skis. Most people that have only used the stock ski doo skis, never realize just how bad these skis are. They are like OEM tires that come on new cars. Cheap and underperforming. I bought my lastset of CA skis before my sled was even delivered. It's a night and day difference in regards to handling.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
i tore up the stock 6.9 pilots on my bc x and put a set of camoplast 7 incher's and it made a big diff in steering

1 - 18 of 18 Posts