Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Sled Builder
9,287 Posts
Steve got his sled torn and ready for the A-MAIZE-ING KUSTOMS spa and treatement weekend get away -

Body all torn down and on the stand

The engine is out of the chassis:

The NUN is coming off as is slightly tweaked, but we will take care of that:

The clutches are out. They will be taken apart and cleaned and thoroughly checked over:

The engine is out, the carbs and boots removed:

As you can see, Steve got MCB dual ring pistons from Big John @ Sled Head Racing when we were all at Hay Days. We are also getting a rebuilt crank from Big John. I will pull the motor apart, take the cylinders and pistons to the shop and mic them out to make sure clearances are within specs for the new MCB pistons. The repack the crank bearings with Iso-Flex greas and put new MAG and PTO seals in it.

The rear suspension is out, it will get all new wheels, all new bushings and spacers, new hyfax, new torsion spring spacers and the shocks revalved.

The plastic bushings are being removed, they are being replaced with Oil-Lite bushings:

The NUN is coming and getting a new NUN. The X bracing is coming out of that and my MS Racing Bracing is going in. It gets cradle/tower brace, front plate, PTO brace, 440X MAG brace, steering brace, lower control arm brace and footwell bracing.

Will post pictures of the progress.

This will be a good informational thread. It will have skid rebuilding pictures, engine rebuilding pictures, clutch rebuilding pictures and replacing NUN pictures.

This will be a good informational thread. It will have skid rebuilding pictures, engine rebuilding pictures, clutch rebuilding pictures and replacing NUN pictures.

The only real modifications that I am making are things anyone can do. This is not a full out customization, just making improvements on the factory stuff.

This will be rebuilding a stock engine and installing new stock crank with dual-ring pistons, cleaning and setting stock carbs, setting stock oil pump, rebuilding stock rear suspension with rail extensions, adding Oil-Lite bushings to stock A-Arms, cleanind and adding clutch kit to stock clutches, revalving stock shocks, adding chassis bracing and going through driveshaft, jackshaft and chain case,

This will be a good tutorial thread for working on your own sled. There will be plenty of pictures (if anyone has seen my past builds, LOL) so anyone who wants to learn how to work on their own sleds will a reference thread (all in one thread) on how to work on any part of your sled. Every section of this sled will gone through and brought back to stock specs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Steve is this your sled?

·
Sled Builder
9,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where in the hell do you get all that bracing from ? info please!!!!!!!
They are braces that I have made up. I call them MS Racing Bracing. I sell the cradle brace, PTO brace, the lower A-Arm bracket and new 3/16" front plate for $245 + shipping.

To complete the support, you can get the engine cradle, steering support, 440X MAG side brace and 440X footwell bracing

·
Registered
307 Posts
thank you. ill keep that on the list next time i have to redo my front end . thoes are some very nice braces you have there and at a good price. you should put a post in things for sale by doo talkers. im sure youll be selling more ! thanks agin .

·
Sled Builder
9,287 Posts
ttt

·
Sled Builder
9,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should be able to get the entire rear skid done up this weekend, will take lots of pictures so you DIYers can do your own stuff.

·
It's all in reading the parts before you run t
1,694 Posts
Those braces look pretty cool. I bet a fair amount of people would buy those. Otherwise, looks like fun, I'll be watching this!

Reactions: CDNGade

·
Sled Builder
9,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I hope this thread helps the people that want to work on their sleds but don't really have the background for it. Hopefully, this will give them some insight and reference to help do their own work.

I spoke with IronDog on this one. He agreed to put it in this section as the work being done can be used on any sled. You could have an XP, XM, RT, REV, S-chassis or even a sled that is not a Ski-Doo and would still be able to reference this thread and get through your repair/maint.

There will be LOTS of pictures and detailed write-ups for it. I am going to start on it this weekend so will begin then.

I pretty much have all the parts here, so it shouldn't take too long....but remember....I do work at Toyota during the daytime so this stuff is just afterhours in my shop. It may take a week, or two to get it all done.

·
Sled Builder
9,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so is this sled already built like another build thread going on right now?? lol sorry had to bring it up.

subscribed!
I am sure Steve wishes it....I even wish it was.

To answer your question, no. It is not already complete. I do not DOO builds like that.

If something bad happens, there is no edit process or time delay. Not everything works out and when it goes wrong, you guys see it.

You guys see the progress when I see the progress....LOL

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
maize, wasnt that nun cradle brace built and designed by a fellow dootalker years ago?

1 - 20 of 323 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.