Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of the new powertech. it has 3d raves, monoblock,151 hp,and water cooled casses. this will be the sdi motor for 2008 also.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
not clear in pic, but you can see it has v-force reeds in the doo book!also plasticmag housing.

·
Registered
576 Posts
EVIL DOOER said:
not clear in pic, but you can see it has v-force reeds in the doo book!also plasticmag housing.
[snapback]745628[/snapback]​
So let me get this straight. For the regular MXZ and MXZ Renegade 800's will this be the motor or will it be the old 800 motor with Power Tek. I thought the new 800R motor was going to be in Summit only, and flatlanders get the old technology for 2007 (old 800 motor with Power Tek technology, same as 06 basically)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gade600SDI said:
EVIL DOOER said:
[snapback]745628[/snapback]​
So let me get this straight. For the regular MXZ and MXZ Renegade 800's will this be the motor or will it be the old 800 motor with Power Tek. I thought the new 800R motor was going to be in Summit only, and flatlanders get the old technology for 2007 (old 800 motor with Power Tek technology, same as 06 basically)
[snapback]745633[/snapback]​
correct, 07's will have 06 powertech, unless you buy a summit xrs and short track it like i will!!!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
unless you buy a summit xrs and short track it like i will!!!
Not sure I've ever heard of that being done. Seems like a shame to chop up a perfectly good summit! But I understand your reasoning. I'd like to get my hands on one of those to put in my sled for next year in the worst way...I think. Here's hoping this one doesn't have grenading issues.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Why don't you buy a short track MXZ with the old Powertek and put an RK Tek head and pistons in it. That will get you about the same power but will be lighter and easier.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I will not spend $14000.00 canadian on the flatlander sled with the old 800ho pt. I personally have seen 4 of them (new 06 blown up) I have also spoke with a couple of dealers who have told me they are having problems getting parts or engines from Brp for the 800ho, due to the fact so many are going down. Ya ok so you say its not happened to me and this is all bullsh&%, maybe it is, I just am not spending this kind of money and having to worry evertime we go out if I will come back on a rope. Also look at Polaris, the 700 and 900 Fusion motors are not being made anymore due to all the problems, yet you will find all kinds of people tell you how good these motors are and no problems with theirs. All those Fusion guys sleds just lost huge value on resale. Do we want to have the same thing, word is getting around about the Doo 800ho and when it starts effecting the values I do not want to be taking that kind of hit. The Rev is a great sled with a poor engine, and Brp knows it.

DUPPYPOG

·
Registered
549 Posts
Who's to say that the 800r is going to be much better?
What if ya blow a piston on one side and it takes out the bore do ya have to buy the whole unit?
Or will it have a iron liner in them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts