Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would let you guys know that I replaced my stock analog gauge with a new multi-function gauge.

I have read a lot of posts on here regarding this swap and thought I would give my results

I ordered a new gauge from the dealer for the same year sled that I have except I ordered one for the X package sled

I wanted the temp readout for the engine and thought that paying $160.00 for a module and having to scroll through the

analog display was kind of goofy. $200.00 more I got the multi-function gauge and love it

The engine temp is right on the left side ready to see without having to scroll around to look for it on the analog gauge

The heated grips show up on the left side where the engine temp is and the heated throttle shows up on the right side where

the gas gauge is when you change the levels

It took maybe 2 minutes to swap out the gauges and it works perfectly

I will be sending the gauge in the spring to LoClass to get it reprogrammed

I think it is well worth the money

Attachments

·
Looking for the Hot Tub...
7,044 Posts
I would have thought that the mileage was stored in the ecm, not the gauge cluster. That is cool, the wife has those in her 800 Blizzard, and I also would like the temp gauge, might have to go this route instead of adding the temp module. I already see the hand and thumb warmer on mine, is that something new for 16?

·
Registered
417 Posts
The 2016 backcountry displays the digital (numerical) temp from the factory with a multifunction gauge. Not sure about your sled but you may want to scroll through the options and see if it works for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts