Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So iv been looking at the new 2016 seadoo's (cant ride much so might as well think about summer) and they came out with a new 4 stroke 300 hp motor. This thing looks sweet and i cant help but think that this motor will be a sign of a new motor for skidoo as well. We are well overdue. any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Overdue for changes? BRP makes em every season. Will they for next year absolutely. Change is what pronmpts the consumer to trade up,buy new,have the latest and greatest is what sells products. A 300hp 4 stroke mass produced across the model line and available to the general public with BRP's blessing. I kinda doubt they are in any rush to take a dive into that pool. Are they testing herd of ponies that big? I wouldn't be overly surprised if that were true.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Ya gotta point there gaboon it would take the other 3 to produce a smiliar engine. But then once one throws one out there the other 3 gotta play catch up

·
Registered
635 Posts
I could never ride something that sounds like a lawnmower with no muffler....besides my lawnmower with no muffler! :ride: :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
The new 300 seadoo are sweet but they are just an updated version of the same 4 tec that has been out since 2003. Yes it is a great motor and yes they keep making it better but as more sleds transition to 4 strokes I can see sleds using the same basic motors for longer periods of time as well.

For example the 1200 was the same for 7 model years. It got a minor change this year and will probably be about the same for the next 5 years.

If a new motor comes from doo I think it would be either an updated 600 or something to fill the hyper sled market. Now that the 1200 has a Bosch engine managment system I think now is better than ever to add some boost to it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Boosting adds a lot of weight and complexity, and four-strokes are already heavy. I think it's more likely that they will build a more powerful (but naturally aspirated) version of the current 1200. Or maybe a N/A version of that 1630.

And I doubt that we will ever see a production sled with 200 or more horsepower. Besides the danger aspect that the manufacturers seem to shy away from, around 200 horse is when sled drivetrains start to break a lot, so it carries a lot of warranty issues for them.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Why do you non 4 stroke guys have to be so negative. Its sledding and what ever it takes to blow your hair back is what you ride. You should not be criticizing what someone else rides or likes, he or she is a snowmobiler. Whether you 2 stroke guys like it or not, there will be a day in the near future where 2 strokes for snowmobiles are non existent. Four stroke are here for many reasons, emissions, noise, durability, cost to maintain and more. I have a 2 stroke, but my next sled will be a 4 stroke. The market for a 300Hp sled or a production turbo sled is not there, the aftermarket can fill that need. Can you imagine what the insurance would be for a production 300HP sled and in doing so, the end result would increased rates for all sledders.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I have a 255 supercharged intercooled sea doo rxtx..been waiting for that in a sled....since 2008..ain't happening is my guess

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey BRP pay attention build something with some power! These 800 twins are old news boost is the way to go!!!!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts