Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is one of the best out of the box power sleds out there.. ?
Are they really doing what they were ment to do...
Stomp every sled that gets in its way?

·
Registered
137 Posts
this sled is approaching an all time high for problems,released last of them all,recalled back from dealer, (WHAT? THE [email protected]#$) shocks delivered on the sled are not the shocks on the sled that was shown earlier in the year
at the shows.

·
Registered
126 Posts
coolclassiccars said:
this sled is approaching an all time high for problems,released last of them all,recalled back from dealer, (WHAT? THE [email protected]#$) shocks delivered on the sled are not the shocks on the sled that was shown earlier in the year
at the shows.
[snapback]279786[/snapback]​
What shocks should it have?

·
Registered
816 Posts
coolclassiccars said:
at the shows.
[snapback]279786[/snapback]​
no its not !! we have 11 of them out there , no major problems , happy customers and dont forget they are fast and get good fuel / oil mileage . i am getting sick of listening to stuff like all time high for problems. remember the 93 and 94 mach z's , how about the 98 mach z

·
Registered
137 Posts
shocks adj hpg's threaded one's,,as far as the98 machz with less than 100 miles sled shut off no reason,electrical dealer couldn't fix it. i've bought a new sled new since 97, no way should the heat exchanger be flush with the bottom of this sled,poor design should have a skid plate covering it from the factory.10 k sled.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
not the cheap clicker that my dealer saw ,at the pa showing ,threaded type on that sled, was disappointed,for the money.dealer called rep to see what was up,big help he was.give me a tissue i'm stil balling about it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
coolclassiccars said:
not the cheap clicker that my dealer saw ,at the pa showing ,threaded type on that sled, was disappointed,for the money.dealer called rep to see what was up,big help he was.give me a tissue i'm stil balling about it.
[snapback]279880[/snapback]​
Well ya know what? That's EXACTLY where this one was taken and it has no threaded shocks. You're dealer LIED to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
skidoo_800 said:
If this is one of the best out of the box power sleds out there.. ?
Are they really doing what they were ment to do...
Stomp every sled that gets in its way?
[snapback]279592[/snapback]​
I now have 900+ miles on my sled and am running the BR8ES plugs as my dealer ask with NO fouling at this time. I think there will be a new fuel map coming down the line soon for some.

LET me tell your how pround I am to say that I am AMAZED at the performance of this sled!! I know I am not the fastest by any means but, I was untouchable on a 1/4 mile track this weekend!!!

2005 Machz just plain flies!!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
[q
LET me tell your how pround I am to say that I am AMAZED at the performance of this sled!! I know I am not the fastest by any means but, I was untouchable on a 1/4 mile track this weekend!!!

2005 Machz just plain flies!!!!
[snapback]279972[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I agree this thing flies with a little clutching WOW!!!!
But I too think this sled needs adjustable piggys on the front to get more travel and I let the front straps out on my sled,But the suspension did not drop out!!!I think the front shock in the rear suspension is too short to allow the suspension to drop any further out...Gotta get some weight off the front skis...The rear needs the bigger C46 clicker and the front rear suspension shock!!!
DOES ANYBODY AGREE?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Ride with the rear shocks you have this winter and see what Doo puts in the skid for next year. Then buy those. They will be calibrated for the chassis and the right length.

I also have pictures of the Mach Z last spring at Lake Geneva, WI and it had the clicker shocks on it just like the ones we got.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I must say that with all the people complaining about their sleds I was very worried weather I made the right purchase decision. I just put 650 miles on the sled and could not be happier. Not one fouled plug not one blown belt I thought the suspension and handeling were great. The only problem are the hyfax which are gone. The performance of the sled is incredible always putting a huge smile on my face.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I rode mine this weekend for the first time AFTER installing '05X rear shocks and a pair of '04X front shocks. In my opinion this was money I should not have had to spend, but anyway......... I am much happier with the sled now. I can eat moguls as well, or better than I was accustomed to on my '02800X. I also used the '05X center shock spring which is a lighter rate than the stock '05Z. I can now actually use the skid's suspension travel on the front arm! You'd have to experience the difference these shocks made to appreciate it.

I had been reading on here about other's who had switched to the REV lenght shocks but I was leary of using them (ride height, etc.). Well, with the preload set to #2 on the fronts, the ride height isn't noticably different than on the stock Z.

Happy sledding everyone.......

·
Registered
481 Posts
EErider said:
I rode mine this weekend for the first time AFTER installing '05X rear shocks and a pair of '04X front shocks. In my opinion this was money I should not have had to spend, but anyway......... I am much happier with the sled now. I can eat moguls as well, or better than I was accustomed to on my '02800X. I also used the '05X center shock spring which is a lighter rate than the stock '05Z. I can now actually use the skid's suspension travel on the front arm! You'd have to experience the difference these shocks made to appreciate it.

I had been reading on here about other's who had switched to the REV lenght shocks but I was leary of using them (ride height, etc.). Well, with the preload set to #2 on the fronts, the ride height isn't noticably different than on the stock Z.

Happy sledding everyone.......
[snapback]281019[/snapback]​

I agree with some of the others. I have almost 1000 miles on, put the BR8ES plugs in, set the oil pump to 18mm, have the original belt on,... I am sorry but hands down the fastest stock sled built. RX-1's, ZR900, Fusion's, I have so far beat all of them stock for stock. I have raced probably 6 different Mach's, one guy beat me. I did have a different secondary spring in which was the wrong set - up on my part. Changed that out and things were good again. I did not get a chance to race that Mach though. The biggest problem I see with most Mach owners is that they have their clutched set up to run around 7800 - 7900RPM. The dyno sheets I saw have the Mach @ peak hp at 7600RPM. Guys at Minocqua this weekend had bought clutch kits from guys on this site and I beat them pratty bad. I use so far all Ski-doo springs and weights to clutch. I just don't think guys are in the sweet spot as far as the RPM's go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
kuds1 said:
I must say that with all the people complaining about their sleds I was very worried weather I made the right purchase decision. I just put 650 miles on the sled and could not be happier. Not one fouled plug not one blown belt I thought the suspension and handeling were great. The only problem are the hyfax which are gone. The performance of the sled is incredible always putting a huge smile on my face.

[snapback]280467[/snapback]​
DID YOU TEMPER YOUR HYFAX - RUN EM HOT THEN PARK IN COLD SNOW WHEN NEW. THIS WILL EXTEND THE LIFE - ALSO CHECK YOUR TRACK I'LL BET IT IS TOO TIGHT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts