Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my key ESS I think it is called. Only 160 miles on my 05 rtenegade mxz 600 ho SDI. Love the sled, anyonye heard of a key going bad so fast?Sometimes makes contact other times won't get out of idle.Can I get a new key without dragging the sled to the dealer anyone know?

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have had the same problem. If you dont get the DESS on perfect the sled thinks its another key and computer limits the sled from moving and the alarm beeps. I take it off and put it back on to reset. It took me 15 minutes one time to figure it out. These things are becoming too computerized!! Just let me ride!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Make sure the contact is clear. I once had an aluminum foil type gum rapper jammed in the cap without knowing it. The foil allowed contact but not good enough to engage the clutch, and stop the beeping. Baffled me for a while, but I sure felt stupid when I realized it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yep, you need the sled. dealer programs the sled to accept the key. check for dirt/moisture as mentioned. I once had a dime get stuck in mine while in my pocket. took me a while to figure that one out.

Maybe just a problem with yours, that could be fixed by a reprogram, but again need to take the sled to the dealer. Always a good idea to have a spare anyway.

FishHog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.