Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone! new member here so im not sure whats all going on on this site. I have been on another site for the past 3yrs now and its getting old with some of the things that go on. Hope to enjoy this site.

By the way I just upgraded too. Went from a 92 formula plus and 93 plus X to a 1998 mxz 583. The one question I have is the installation of a 670 rotary valve into the 583. I have been hearing some small talk about this and that it adds a bit more to the sled.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
welcome to the site
I always liked the PRS chassis sleds, they were heavy, but looked really cool. Anyway the 670 should bolt right into your MXZ with no problems, might want to get the right pipe for the 670 though, either way, those R/V engines are bulletproof.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
northwoodsboy said:
Actually im talking about ther rotary valve its self. I was told I can remove the 583 rotary vavle and install one of from a 670 to get a lil more power.
[snapback]690930[/snapback]​
if its the same width, and thickness, it should work. might have to re-jet too. the only difference i can think of though is length of duration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.