Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm alternating through 2 pairs of goggles every 20 minutes and it's beyond frustrating. Has anyone had any experience with the Doo Helium heated goggles? If the dealer doesn't have those or y'all have nothing good to say about them, then a BVS it is. This ice/fog is ruining my first UP trip...
Thanks for any help guys!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah here ya! To top off my day, I bought a new windshield this morning and it fell off on the trail. Didn't even notice it since I had to stand up most of the ride. Wasn't a happy camper when I got to the gas station lol

·
gade1000x
3,068 Posts
Yeah here ya! To top off my day, I bought a new windshield this morning and it fell off on the trail. Didn't even notice it since I had to stand up most of the ride. Wasn't a happy camper when I got to the gas station lol
I have bv2s helmet with heated shield I'm selling

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Google: Haber Eliminator, great reviews. $48 AAA battery powered fan unit that automatically detects humidity inside your goggles and activates a small fan.

I just installed one in my Klim Radius Pro goggles last night and will be trying it out next week out West.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I use a dual sport with a heated shield. Best of both worlds. FXR torque x. I'm also baffled by how you missed your windshield flying off.... :shrug

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have used oakley airbrake goggles for the past 2 years and have never had any issue with fogging or freezing up, even in negative degree weather.

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
I use a dual sport with a heated shield. Best of both worlds. FXR torque x. I'm also baffled by how you missed your windshield flying off.... :shrug
Do you wear goggles under the shield?

if you don't, how well does the helmet seal around the shield - particular at high trail speeds? Does it leak or get snow inside?

I have a BV2S now. had it for years, has 20,000+kms in it easily. Its getting worn out though, and I can't find a good replacement helmet for it. The GMAX, ZOAN and most FXR stuff is junk. I wish BRP would release a new BV2S as its a bit dated now.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Goggles fit under the shield, but I don't like goggles because I feel like it limits my vision a bit. Without goggles the field of view is really good. The shield has a rubber gasket where it seals and I've not had any trouble with leaking. It also comes with a really nice breath box. I like the flexibility it gives me to go with goggles or not though. Another plus is that it is very light. My buddies ride with the BV2's, they couldn't believe how light it is. Don't have many miles on it yet since its new. I'll update if there is a problem.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Google: Haber Eliminator, great reviews. $48 AAA battery powered fan unit that automatically detects humidity inside your goggles and activates a small fan.

I just installed one in my Klim Radius Pro goggles last night and will be trying it out next week out West.
Thanks! I'll check into it!

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
You might have the wrong combination of helmet/goggles.

With the proper fitting set-up, you should not have any issues with using goggles.

I know.........easier said than done.

I have gone thru several different goggles to find the ones the work best for me.

But I'm glad I stuck with the goggles set-up. I like it alot.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I missed it being missing because I just installed it earlier in the day but I was used to the low Freeride windshield. Just my second time out this year on a new sled I guess lol. Having said that, went back out this morning and found it on the side of the trail unharmed!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You might have the wrong combination of helmet/goggles.

With the proper fitting set-up, you should not have any issues with using goggles.

I know.........easier said than done.

I have gone thru several different goggles to find the ones the work best for me.
But I'm glad I stuck with the goggles set-up. I like it alot.
509 Altitude helmet, X5 goggles....still fogged. Bought a Klim Arctic balaclava....still fogged. Took out the helmet breath box this morning and had no fog all day!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts