Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to twin mountain today, twin mountain snowmobile club stated conditions were good. 5-10 inch base 1,26,2016.
They were way off, I found 2-3 inch of ice base 40 percent grass and rocks. Very poor, don't waste your time going there, and don't waste your time looking at there web site. They must report from FL.
If Twin Mountain doesn't have snow you probably won't find snow anywhere in NH my exact location was Cog railroad road, very mountainous location. Let's hope for snow

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
My dad took us on the cog railroad back in the 60's.. He made us walk down because he though it was unsafe.. Everyone would rush from one side of the rail car to the other for the views and it would become unstable.. A few years later the cog railway had a bad accident... Is it still running today?.... Is the old man in the mountain still around there somewhere?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I would sure like to hear a "Real Trail Condition Report" from anyone going north to Pittsburg for the reciprocating weekend. I've heard trail condition reports at both ends of the spectrum. From Great "Two Thumbs up" to poor with thin conditions with rocks, and even bare ground some places. I'm planning the 3rd week of Feb, but if conditions are not good, I'm not going to risk damage to my brand new sled, and will cancel my reservation. Not sure if the Pittsburg Ridge Runner's report is honest.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Good luck with that.. I tried honest trail condition reporting for Pittsburg a few years ago and was crucified for it from those with vested interests up there.

Reactions: BARK-A-LOUNGER

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,386 Posts
How true.....how true........

Back when I was in better shape my buddy would call around places looking for conditions in specific areas and when we'd get there he was usually full of apologies like it was his fault they were crap........other times I'd just call him and ask "you wanna go for a ride in the truck" and I'd show up with my trailer and a satellite image of current total snowfall amounts, load up his sled and head in that direction sleds in tow along with a credit card just in case we planned on staying awhile......... :wink_old:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I haven't been to Twin Mountain in years, used to go there a lot in the late '70s and early '80s.....always loved it around the town of Carrol where Rte 3 & Rte 302 cross, and points north.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts