Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Peanut Gallery
26,528 Posts
^^

Rev8ho

Them prices you got "ballparked" seem fair compared to what I paid for mine when I built. Which I was a little more per/sq. I have a 14' ceiling and 1800 sq/ft. Site prep was not included in my build either. I did site prep myself.

Good thing my Bro pulls a side dump with his semi he hauled my Class 5 for noting. And we know the people who run the pit it came from so that was cash under the table and gravel was around the scale :D 100 ton for the shed and close to 250 ton for my driveway. Think he did like 15 loads. I was getting them 3 loads for $500 cash

Being in trades is huge when building things. I've worked a lot of deals with other trade guys I've worked with over the years. And able to doo a lot of stuff myself like wiring the shed cost me less then 3k for 200 amp service from the pole. Would've been twice that if I had paid company.

If you got an old wood barn maybe see if local fire department would want to use it for practice. They use to do things like that around here.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I built a 30x40 x 13 ceiling height pole barn 2 years ago. Just the garage was 28600. 6 larger windows, scissor truss's , 2ft overhangs all around, vented ridge cap and soffits, gutters, 1 man door , and i garage door. I did radiant heat with 2" foam board and plastic under everything , 6 inches concrete , shiplap walls, galvanized ceiling , electric , lights, stone front 4ft high , pallet racks, toolbox's, cabinets, concrete apron , excavating , and 4ft high retaining wall . My wife said I spent 92 or 97k I thought I could do it for 40k! Build it as big as you can , it's never big enough! I built as big as I could due to space.

·
Registered
157 Posts
G-Doo 13 and skippydoo,

Thanks for all the info! Sounds like you are 2 of many on here that did it right. For your radiant heated floors, did you run the tubing in the sand under the concrete or in the concrete itself? I have heard of it both ways and asking about pros and cons of each?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
G-Doo 13 and skippydoo,
Thanks for all the info! Sounds like you are 2 of many on here that did it right. For your radiant heated floors, did you run the tubing in the sand under the concrete or in the concrete itself? I have heard of it both ways and asking about pros and cons of each?
The only advantage of putting the tubing in sand is if your heating with off peak electricity. The sand will store the heat when power is interrupted. Sand is actually an insulator. Walk on a sandy beach on a hot summer day and you burn your feet. Dig just one inch down and it's nice and cool. You don't want to insulate your radiant tubing.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
G-Doo 13 and skippydoo,

My tubing is on top of the foam board insulation. From grade I have plastic, 2" foam board insulation, tubing, then 6" concrete.

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,316 Posts
Recently i build my garage with living quarters after see the discussion about its cost on disscus wisely between random peoples. Average cost of constructing a garage is $24,000. The expenditure of a garage relies on its siding material, foundation, and finishes, such as electricity and the style of the garage door. A single-car, separate garage kit begins at around $7,250, while a three-car garage attached to an attic can cost up to 50,000.
I built my 30x48 garage last summer and i wish it was close to 50K.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We built a 40’by50’ pole barn 2011. Concrete floor 2 windows man door 9’ overhead door with opener all insulated with metal walls and ceiling. Cost 37k back then. I’m a electrical contractor so I did the electrical my friend did site work then I built a 6’*6’ office with a 6’*6’ bathroom. In the end probably have close to 50k in it. Be over 100k to build it now. Prices are ridiculous!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts