Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Doo replaced my rings under the 2nd year engine warranty. Due to the crappy winter I've only got about 300 miles on the sled but they should be broke in. My riding buddy with the same sled says when he follows me it seems to smoke alot more than he remembers last season. Even at idle is does seems to be smoking more. I bought the SDI to minimize the smoke. I can't see how rings should change anything and the dealer says he did not touch the oil pump setting. I haven't had time yet to double check the ratio this season though. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
Chk to see that the pump is not sticking ,alot of us are having thta problem.
Rich

·
Registered
379 Posts
Had mine done also. Dealer added oil to the gas for break in. They also drained the oil tank and added doo semi. It smoked a little more also. Once it was broke in I switched to Amsoil Interceptor and no more smoking.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
FreezeFrame said:
Had mine done also. Dealer added oil to the gas for break in. They also drained the oil tank and added doo semi. It smoked a little more also. Once it was broke in I switched to Amsoil Interceptor and no more smoking.
[snapback]691874[/snapback]​
my guess is they added oil to your gas. run it down and fill with premium, it will probably stop.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bigf150 said:
FreezeFrame said:
[snapback]691874[/snapback]​
my guess is they added oil to your gas. run it down and fill with premium, it will probably stop.
[snapback]692623[/snapback]​
Yeah, I should have mentioned they did add oil to the gas but I've put on about 300 miles so I thought I'd be through it by now. Going to Quebec next week so that should clean 'er out! Thanks.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WALLEYE VISION said:
What was your compression before and after the ring change?
[snapback]693744[/snapback]​
Never checked as I don't have a tester ... sled wasn't exhibiting any of the typical signs but I pulled my Y-pipe in the off season and the PTO side ring was clearly flaking. Dealer took care of me and put chrome ones in no questions asked under 2nd year warranty. I had to pay $50 deductible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.