Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about Ford making a new diesel for the 2007 superduty? Someone tried to tell me that Ford was going to be putting Cummins into thier trucks and that Dodge was going to be using Mercedes-Benz diesel motors?

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
Its a logical move for Jesus Chrysler to use Benz engines, isn't it? hell, then they'll be 100% foreign.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ford already has the Cummins in there F-650 and up. I worked for a Ford dealer and the diesel tech went to a Cummins school in Mass 3 or 4 years ago. We had some F-650's in with the Cummins in them.

Brian

·
Registered
645 Posts
that is a fact. ford will be putting cummins in their trucks shortly. ford has interests in cummins and has had for a few years, but dodge worked a deal to keep the engines in their trucks until 07 or 08, then the benz engines go in. soooo, german engines going in mexican made ( all dodges diesels are made in mexico) trucks. buy american (canadian) lol

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
The germans are pretty much taking over the diesel market in America. I was at WW Williams (Detroit Diesel/Allison) last summer for transmission school and there was more germans with clip boards around there than you could shake a stick at! Might as well change it from "Detroit Diesel" to "Deutch Diesel".

·
Registered
108 Posts
Actually it will be a 6.4 litre with 2 turbos, one for bottom end and one for top end.It will be a IH motor as before, lets hope they fix the teething problems better than they did on the 6.0.Apparently for most engine repairs ie head removal eng removal etc the CAB will have to be pulled.Many ford diesel techs do that on big repairs on the 6.0 now.Good luck to ford diesel techs working on the new unit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mtnloverxtreme said:
that is a fact. ford will be putting cummins in their trucks shortly. ford has interests in cummins and has had for a few years, but dodge worked a deal to keep the engines in their trucks until 07 or 08, then the benz engines go in. soooo, german engines going in mexican made ( all dodges diesels are made in mexico) trucks. buy american (canadian) lol
[snapback]689220[/snapback]​
That will be a sweet combo, make the superduty even better

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
ore-gone said:
hasn't ford owned Cummins for 5/6 years now. i thought they bought them when they came out with the b series. but the contract with dodge kept cummins in the dodge.
[snapback]689321[/snapback]​
No, Ford doesnt own Cummins, when the B series came out, Ford purchased 6% to use the B series engines in thier F-650 trucks. Cummins bought back Ford's 6% in the late 90's. The Ford/Navistar agreements are set for the next 10 years, and the Dodge/Cummins is set for the next 7.

This was told to me by a Cummins Northeast rep that came to my school(Morrisville State) for a diesel lecture.

Cummins is it's own company
Ford owns Volvo(or most of it), which makes diesel engines
GM owns(or owned) Detriot Diesel, and has strong ties to Isuzu
Daimler-Benz owns Mercedes Diesel, but also has ties to another high-quality diesel engine manufacture, Mitsubishi
Cat is its own company, also owns Perkins diesels
Navistar makes International engines(not to be confused with Case-IH, they are their own company now, since IHC split up)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
bengelp said:
Its a logical move for Jesus Chrysler to use Benz engines, isn't it? hell, then they'll be 100% foreign.
[snapback]689202[/snapback]​
Tell us what you really think.
Maybe we should be driving some of the new GMs......you know the ones, the rebadged Daewoo stuff.............or maybe a Ford, .....some of the Mazda stuff....... how about volvo or Jag, they own them. . They ALL do bussiness across the pond, better get used to it, it ain't gonna change.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
mtnloverxtreme said:
[snapback]689220[/snapback]​
All of the Cummins B series engines I have seen, and worked on were made in the U.S, with parts from Brazil, Canada, and Japan.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
BellevilleMXZ said:
They ALL do bussiness across the pond, better get used to it, it ain't gonna change.
[snapback]689339[/snapback]​
And with the public buying all sorts of Toyotas, why SHOULD they change?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
WOW Ford is entering the Diesel market finally. The 6.0L was the biggest money maker for them in history......they had a million service calls on them because they were always in the Shop.
My neighbor got his covered under the Lemon law!
12 claims in 10 months.
The motor makes great power, but just goes to hell.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've heard the new Ford diesel is an IH 6.4L V8, 2 turbos also.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Deadman said:
WOW Ford is entering the Diesel market finally. The 6.0L was the biggest money maker for them in history......they had a million service calls on them because they were always in the Shop.
My neighbor got his covered under the Lemon law!
12 claims in 10 months.
The motor makes great power, but just goes to hell.
[snapback]689371[/snapback]​

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Gawd - not this again... Save some time for both of us and go read the old posts....

I know I know... whats going where and why but I'll never tell....

As for the Germans taking over the diesel market.... Please....

MB (Mercedes-Benz) has been the biggest diesel seller the WORLD over - that includes here too. Watch the news - ever see a bus with the Tristar on it? = MB. Same for buses here and any heard of Frieghtliner? Guess who owns them? MB... Guess who Ford sold the Class 7 & 8 (Heavy truck) market to, tooling and all, = MB. Taking it over? It was purchased long ago....

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Oh - and AAI owes Detroit diesel.... American Axle International.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.