Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Finally - this is so cool.

DeLorme and SPOT teamed up to combine GPS and SPOT Satellite communicator into on sleek unit. It also has one-way text messaging via satellite.

This is awesome, now I don't have to carry a cell phone - which doesn't work out in the mountains, a SPOT and a GPS. Now I can see where I'm going, track where I've been, send OK messages via spot and now even send text messages for help or to friends saying I'm OK. I can even send messages to Facebook about my adventures while they're happening, that ought to "edit for bad language" my friends off that are at work.

http://shop.delorme....6&section=10741

Now they just need to add a camera and it will be complete.

Mobile phone Telephone Communication Device Telephony Gadget

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes, I seen this a while back and they are definitely on to what is needed. To many gadgets otherwise and keeping track of batteries in all of it. Like you said, Spot, GPS, cell which rarely ever has service, 2way radio, camera for those good times. My first thought about this how good are the base maps and features of the GPS for tracking and waypoints. If they added the 2 way radio feature or be able to text to others with the same device would be even better for communicating within the group. I am only a year in with Spot Messenger and realize what features I wish it had. Need to give detailed messages when things happen. My current GPS receives XM Sat radio which is cool. I guess one could just get a SAT phone if you don't mind the $$$$

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first thought about this how good are the base maps and features of the GPS for tracking and waypoints.
Click on the link and then click on the Maps and Screenshots. It has some of the best TOPO maps and aerial imagery maps, lots of features too. This thing is packed with high tech stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts