1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
da5u4ymy.jpg
pa3e2a9u.jpg
5u2e3uha.jpg

I was searching for a new clutch for my XR and talking to my local clutch tuner he gave me a totally new clutch for testing.
Hes ben testing this on his 2-stroke turbo and says its much better than anything else in marked.
I will report back more results after i have tested it in my XR 1200, MCX 180 Turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Its just a Heelclicker setup. Uses Billet movable and governer cup. Been out for a while. Even has the CRA arms in it. I tried those back in 2010.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I dont know if its a copy of something else out there, but the guy i got it from says its made by hes idea and drawings. .

The inside sheeve is identically as TRA 3 with splines and the clutch he has ben testing on his own snowmobile this winter has ben with orginal TRA3 innside sheeve. This is the first complete prototype from fabrication and i have now ben out and testing it.

First thing i notice is that its totally quiet. Thats a nice improvement, but stock TRA was also quiet the first 300 kilometers.

Did some hard testruns and put my hand on it to see if it gets warm. No problem to hold hand on it. its warm but not much :)

Then i went back home and when i arrived my garage something went wrong. The splines shaft went of. Production mistake?

litenIMG_2628.jpg

litenIMG_2627.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
It cant take the harmonics of the triple 1200. You got lucky if it did no damage to the sled!

Same reason without pinning the stock clutch it tightens the governor cup, twists/tightens and stretches the bolt and the bolt can no longer hold the governor cup on and boom!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6 shooter heel clicker clutch???

Is this the same clutch or does it look like it?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up stock TRA3 inner sheeve. Mounted clutch and went of testing. This time it holds. No problems :)
I am now trying different setups. Having small issue to get enough rpm. Using 4 arms with zero weights and max rpm is 8000. Need to trie different helix and springs. Getting kloser now. For now, wery satisfied.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Knapp!!
Asked seller about the clutch and he says its impossible you tried this clutch in 2010. It wasnt made at the time. He says this is new design and this is the first testing on a 4 stroke

·
boost junkie
10,598 Posts
the tra 3 splined shaft will never hold any boost
what good is a 6 arm clutch that cant hold 200hp

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the tra 3 splined shaft will never hold any boost
what good is a 6 arm clutch that cant hold 200hp
You think or know so? Seller says different..

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I ran them on the turbo. They have promise but the ramp has to be made totally different. Ramp selection is non existent for them, so they sit on the bench.

Dalton heavy hitters worked much better using stock 1200 ramps.

·
boost junkie
10,598 Posts
you just snapped one off

and I snapped off 2

I know others that have done the same....

and the older tra's have a even smaller spline that are very wimpy

·
Registered
623 Posts
you just snapped one off

and I snapped off 2

I know others that have done the same....

and the older tra's have a even smaller spline that are very wimpy
The one i snapped off was clearly a production mistake. I dont know how much stock TRA3 splines can take but the production model is supposed to take more than 300hp according to fabricator. I guess time will show how it holds. I will be using it in my 180hp Turbo and hopefully it is gonna show what was promised.

How much hp you had in your snowmobile when you snapped those?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts