Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new BV2S Helmet. I have had multiple issues:

1. Can't keep the screws tight that hold the sheild.
2. Fogging issues. Seems related to the front mouthpiece icing up.
3. The stops on the shield broke off.
4. The sun visor won't flip down with the lever for it.

I am hoping the dealership will warranty. If they do, should I get another BV2S or look at something else? Modular2, or another brand besides Ski Doo? I want a full face and not moto cross style.

Any other experience with the issues I have been experiencing?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I recently purchased a new BV2S Helmet. I have had multiple issues:

1. Can't keep the screws tight that hold the sheild.
2. Fogging issues. Seems related to the front mouthpiece icing up.
3. The stops on the shield broke off.
4. The sun visor won't flip down with the lever for it.

I am hoping the dealership will warranty. If they do, should I get another BV2S or look at something else? Modular2, or another brand besides Ski Doo? I want a full face and not moto cross style.

Any other experience with the issues I have been experiencing?
Take it back to the dealer for 3&4, put a dab of blue loctite on the screws make sure you wear the open face balaclava from skidoo, make sure you have adequate pressure on the breathing piece and a comfortable fit around chin and nose, it's also best if you hairless in that area. All these problems were experienced with mine 3 seasons ago and were overcome, without a doubt the best setup ever as far as fogging visor, very comfortable and convenient, I do not require a heated visor at all, hate that cord on heated visors. I have finally converted my riding buddy last year, when asked now he just smiles, he's very proud, he use to ride only Poos before also. oh ya forgot, I don't use that filter because it can cause fogging issues at times.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,216 Posts
Well if it shows no sign of abuse from you and they are actual manufactures defects I would bring it back and hope your dealer helps you out.............lot of $$$ for a broken helmet.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Take it back to the dealer for 3&4, put a dab of blue loctite on the screws make sure you wear the open face balaclava from skidoo, make sure you have adequate pressure on the breathing piece and a comfortable fit around chin and nose, it's also best if you hairless in that area. All these problems were experienced with mine 3 seasons ago and were overcome, without a doubt the best setup ever as far as fogging visor, very comfortable and convenient, I do not require a heated visor at all, hate that cord on heated visors. I have finally converted my riding buddy last year, when asked now he just smiles, he's very proud, he use to ride only Poos before also. oh ya forgot, I don't use that filter because it can cause fogging issues at times.
This is the truth ! Once you get used to the mask and get it to fit right you should be fog free . I wear prescription eyeglasses and have had to ride with my shield cracked to keep from fogging up for years . Got a BV2S this year and have been loving it ! I would see if they will exchange it for a new one or at least warranty the parts that are broken . Have you watched the DVD or read the manual that came with the helmet ? Lots of info on how to adjust the shield . Ice in the mouthpiece is the only downside to this helmet but it doesn't affect the helmets function ....

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Don't do locktite. You will have a very difficult time ever replacing the face shield and may damage the helmet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Me and the wife have had one for 3 years. I also have facial hair. I have never had an issue with the helmet yet. Little heavy but don't notice it while riding. no electric visor. i get a lot of ice build up on the outside of mouth piece but that is only because i breath heavy. It does not effect the way the helmet works. We do not use any pad in the mouth piece, i don't see the need for it. Get your's replaced.

·
Registered
153 Posts
get a set of replacement valves part number #4456940090 double up the 2 valves on top of mask or the intake valves and install the valve with the holes in it for the single exhaust valve.....cleared up my issue real quick and cheap.

I will say... they need to install vents in these helmets. They get real warm and there is no place for the heat to go.

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
the sunshade is tricky to get the spring loaded up and screws attached. You need to line up the arrows on the parts....look close and you'll see what I mean.

It takes a little bit to get these things just right. Once you figure out how to fit it to your face and keep the exhaust flapper from freezing up, you'll love it. The recommendation to review the CD is a great idea....watch it twice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issues with my new BV2S helmet. The problem is that Skidoo will only warranty it if they say it is defective. Skidoo knows about the issue with the shield screws not staying tight but will not do anything about that. Getting Skidoo to admit that any of their products have any issues is almost impossible. My dealer did send mine back to Skidoo because it does not seal correctly & air is getting inside. I have had frostbite as well as fogging issues. I had a BV2S helmet before and never had any of these issues. It has been over a week and am waiting to see if Skidoo will do anything, but I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Sending mine back. The lever for sunshield almost never works for lowering the shield then shield pops up randomly. The arrows are lined up. Hate the amber colored shield. Wish you could get the smoke one. I'll be selling the bv2s and going back to modular 2 or new 3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts