Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
The bumper is the perfect mix of rigid and flex. Should work great in deep powder, mowing over brush or deer...lol. very happy with it. Sure lots of people I see out fishing or what have you will be like, what is that? Also combined weight savings on the exhaust and 300 seat over stock was 43lbs, pretty crazy. Now I have 3 feet of storage available, that should get me out of having to haul a sleigh when going fishing by myself. Now I just need to add my 8" rear wheels and tunnel reinforcements. Next year comes a nice light weight aluminum cargo rack and new track.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Hello Dirk,

That is a good weight savings. I wonder what the effect of your bumper will be when reversing in deep powder? Let us know how it works out for you. A little curve to the ends could be a good thing. Having a huge cargo area like that is great.

Dan

·
True happiness is never trying a sled better than
14,562 Posts
I've never seen anything like that Dirk.I'm thinking maybe round the corners and trim a bit off the sides as overlapping the track of the ski's isn't really needed if your looking for feedback.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yah right on so with the bumper this was where I ended on my intial design and install. I figured on 2 things you guys mentioned, 1 being to narrow it slightly and 2 was to revamp the bottom edges for backing up. Unfortunately we don't have the real deep snow this year so I may not get the hang to test it the way it should. But in the next month if we have enough snow we will run the swamps to look for deer and moose sheds. I can tell already this guard will be the cats meow for running over sapling growth and cat tails. Maybe in the next couple weeks I will fine tune it in those 2 aspects mentioned above.

I know the look is not for everyone but for the most part if you bush wack hard with an RF you would be more likely to enjoy it than not, imo

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also I got this idea when I google 2009 tundra 550 LT images. Saw one picture and thought I liked that idea..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never seen anything like that Dirk.I'm thinking maybe round the corners and trim a bit off the sides as overlapping the track of the ski's isn't really needed if your looking for feedback.
Now I have had a day to look at it and hear a few opinions I think your right. I'm going to narrow it up to just inside the skis. I'll post pics when thats done.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Hi Dirk - are not you going to need an offset axle for the 8" wheels? I am not sure since you have the articulating suspension but on a non-articulating suspension you cannot/should not install bigger wheels without the offset axle too. Let us know how that works out for you -- perhaps it will work out fine with the articulating setup.

Dan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Dirk - are not you going to need an offset axle for the 8" wheels? I am not sure since you have the articulating suspension but on a non-articulating suspension you cannot/should not install bigger wheels without the offset axle too. Let us know how that works out for you -- perhaps it will work out fine with the articulating setup.

Dan
Dan. Can you give me some info or example of the offset axle?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will give review later. Thinking this summer I may do some work and add 2 more wheel on the inside. In the event I bust 1 wheel on a stone or something I'll have 3 more to get me home

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
So I put around 15km on today, went brook trout fishing. Didn't really get an opportunity to truly test my mods. But what I am to comment on was an overall experience and it was good. Nothing seems any worse. I can tell my sled felt lighter with the seat and exhaust upgrades. Even though I wrapped the exhaust it still turned out louder than the stock muffler. I don't mind it, you can actually hear the pipe doing its thing. Everyone so far seems to like the bumper when they see it in person. Because of lack of snow I wasn't able to seriously test the new skis, bigger rear wheel. It was a good day fishing other than came down with a dirty cold...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts