Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw some ads for sleds from this new dealer in Oakville.

Anyone know of them?

Their story in "about us" on the site is pretty cool.

https://www.energypowersports.ca/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Excited that there is finally a dealer for BRP in the GTA. Have driven by a couple times and the building is nice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Excited that there is finally a dealer for BRP in the GTA. Have driven by a couple times and the building is nice.
Apparently Snow City will be dropped BRP in 6 months because of the new rules BRP set. They were told they couldn't sell any other brands if they wanted to sell BRP in the same building.
It's too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure but the "about us" statement from Energy Powersports sounds and feels like it comes from the Automotive world.

But thats common now .

Whats the old saying about the Powersports Business?

"If you want to have a Million Dollar Company, start with 2 million"

Not many Mom and Pop Family Dealerships left. Automotive Millionaire Dealers are the only ones buying in right now and the OEM's love it because they just will buy all those special tools and marketing programs at a profit.

Strange thing with Snow City and many other Canadian Dealers is BRP wants stand alone. Forcing the Dealers to sell not only sleds but the Quads, SXS , Spyders and Sea Doo.

In the States BRP has a few stand alone but the have not , to my knowledge, pulled the trigger on a long standing dealer and told him to either take the full line of screw off.

Two countries, two sets of rules I guess.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
what no doos at Snowcity? here we go again over the years, Rupp, Cat Yami doo, well they just got Honda back in and Kawi, geezuz that ticks customers off BRP...Snowcity will survive they always doo, maybe go Polaris this time ya lol I may like BRP sleds, but the ATVs suck

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the retail dealer rules are different in the US where an OEM can’t force a single line rep requirement on a dealer. They can encourage it, but not really enforceable like here in Canada.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...and regarding Energy's ownership, are they car dealer owners now dabbling in power sports ?

The GM (or is he the owner?, the guy in their Instagram page) has a French accent so I assumed he was hand picked by Valcourt and parachuted in to run the new GTA flagship store.

Really curious about who the principals are and what their background is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Went In there yesterday. They seem like they are set up more for the Motorcycle (CAN-AM Spyder) end of BRP. The showroom is very nice, parts counter is very small. It was almost set up as more of a car dealership than any-other BRP dealer i have been to. Im curious to see how they do.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I guess Vera told BRP where to go with all thier rigid rules at Snowcity good on them, they been around for 40 years, Rupp, Yami, Cat then doo, they did sell alot of Spiders and Seadoo though, oh well hope they see Polaris next?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Was talking to snow city, BRP wanted them to have a whole section dedicated to the Syper, you know everyone is buying them...not.. Sad Sounds like Jim's was the same deal. They only want huge dealers with tons of free space so show off all their project even if they don't sell many of them. Cartronics in Kingston never has anyone there. I dropped my sled off and it was a ghost town. I hope they stick around, doesn't sound like a great business plan from BRP to drop dealers, no dealers no sales, period.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Was talking to snow city, BRP wanted them to have a whole section dedicated to the Syper, you know everyone is buying them...not.. Sad Sounds like Jim's was the same deal. They only want huge dealers with tons of free space so show off all their project even if they don't sell many of them. Cartronics in Kingston never has anyone there. I dropped my sled off and it was a ghost town. I hope they stick around, doesn't sound like a great business plan from BRP to drop dealers, no dealers no sales, period.
Fewer/bigger dealers= more control/fewer outlets/higher margins as long as sales hold up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts