Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any new info on the new boss seat designs? I thought there was going to be two designs,classic and pro. From what I have seen only the classic is avaiable for the rev. will they even have the pro option for a rev? Also is this years seat lower? it is hard to tell from their web site. a picture of it on a sled sure would be nice. My last thought, what is the ACTUAL highet and length?

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
Anyone have any new info on the new boss seat designs? I thought there was going to be two designs,classic and pro. From what I have seen only the classic is avaiable for the rev. will they even have the pro option for a rev? Also is this years seat lower? it is hard to tell from their web site. a picture of it on a sled sure would be nice. My last thought, what is the ACTUAL highet and length?
i havent heard any news on the pro seat. im waiting and praying it looks better then the classic. no offense to anyone who has one. im just not a fan of the design. but im guessing the pro seat will be higher then a stock seat still.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Did you see the new skinz seat, they look awesome

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I love the open look, more of a machine look. I'm probably going to go with the skinz

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for the skinz seat they should make a cover for the rear of the tank to smooth out the lines .From what I heard the skinz seat is 2 in. taller and the boss is 2 in taller as well.But clearly the skinz is taller as it rises a bit more from the plastic console. Who's not measuring correctly? 2 in taller than stock they say,do they compare it to an x pacage seat or an adrenalin as i think they are different hights?can anyone confirm this?

·
Directional Driller
974 Posts
Yes the two are different heights depending on years and the X seat is also narrower than a standard seat.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I was thinking with shipping. I haven't ridden one with one of those seats on it. But with it being higher does it make it feel too top heavy? Like your going to flip over on a tight corner?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Price went up this year since they are making them in the US. Attached is the new price list.

Sorry, no Pro model for the REV.
I'll take the one made in China last year for $100 less...

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I'll take the one made in China last year for $100 less...
I have had several Boss seats and the last year model was great for storage but it stops there...The seat is way to hard and the zipper holder tab breaks..
If the new ones are anything like the old seats a 100 bucks is far worth it.

I have a 399 one I will sell for 250 plus

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm going with the skinz because they are made like 2 hours from my house. I will gladly pay an extra price if it will help someone local to put food on the table

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have had several Boss seats and the last year model was great for storage but it stops there...The seat is way to hard and the zipper holder tab breaks..
If the new ones are anything like the old seats a 100 bucks is far worth it.

I have a 399 one I will sell for 250 plus
Is it a 2010 or 2011 seat that you want to sell?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts