Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question:

What is the proper why to break in a new belt? When initially replaced.... would you see any slipping? Is their a "break in" peroid?

Just curious

Git-R-Done

·
Registered
40 Posts
The only way it might slip is if there was moisture or something on the primary, or the belt wasnt properly fitted into the secondary, acting like it was in high gear. Other than that, it should be fine as long as it was working fine before you replced it. As far as break in, 30 to 60 miles of fairly easy riding (no drag racing) will be fine to break it in. Just dont install it then go racing, because it wont last ...I usually get a new spare and if I'm gonna ride easy,I'll stop and change my belt to my new spare. I'll break it in then replace my original belt back on. That way when I need to replace my belt, its ready, I only need to ride a few miles to warm up the belt, then I'm ready for racing.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
New belts have a mold releace agent on them if not removed it will make them slip untill its gone to remove it before you install it use hot soapy water or a wire wheel on a grinder motor use lightly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts