Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 800HO 2004 just installed a new belt and when i went to start it up it tried to move foward.Belt has same number as the old one and seems to be the same.My buddy has the same sled and we installed it on his and it worked fine .I tried turnning back the tension on secondary clutch and that didn't work either. Anyone have this problem or know what could be wrong.

·
Registered
954 Posts
you need to adjust your cam on your driven(3 6mm bolts) so your belt is sitting with just the cooling fins above the pulley. its just a lil too tight, prolly because the previous belt was slightly different or has been adjusted by previous owner/dealer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
76TNTRV said:
you need to adjust your cam on your driven(3 6mm bolts) so your belt is sitting with just the cooling fins above the pulley. its just a lil too tight, prolly because the previous belt was slightly different or has been adjusted by previous owner/dealer
[snapback]698092[/snapback]​
I tried running it for about 15 miles and its still the sameway.I replaced it with the old one and returned home and more insight would be apriciated

·
Registered
990 Posts
rpdoo said:
76TNTRV said:
I tried running it for about 15 miles and its still the sameway.I replaced it with the old one and returned home and more insight would be apriciated
[snapback]700794[/snapback]​
As mentioned by 76tnt there is a cam adjuster on your secondary clutch. With the sled on a track stand loosen the 3 bolts on turn the cam to a lower number to open the sheave and allow the belt to sit lower. Try one number at a time .... retighten 3 bolts ... fire it up and turn track a few revolutions. Keep doing until track just barely creeps at idle on a track stand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ren said:
rpdoo said:
76TNTRV said:
As mentioned by 76tnt there is a cam adjuster on your secondary clutch. With the esled on a track stand loosen the 3 bolts on turn the cam to a lower number to open the sheave and allow the belt to sit lower. Try one number at a time .... retighten 3 bolts ... fire it up and turn track a few revolutions. Keep doing until track just barely creeps at idle on a track stand.
[snapback]700939[/snapback]​
I am sorry I failed to mention that i have already done that.I actually moved it all the way back to 0 and still the same issues.Thank You.I contacted my dealer today and he never really heard of it before,and he seems to think there is some issue with the belt,hopefully.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sounds like it could be your Primary is sticking and not openening (disengaging) all the way if the sled wants to move or stall when you put the break on (assuming belt tension and propper belt are being used)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HighSierra said:
Sounds like it could be your Primary is sticking and not openening (disengaging) all the way if the sled wants to move or stall when you put the break on (assuming belt tension and propper belt are being used)
[snapback]701450[/snapback]​
If it is the primary clutch,what would be stoping it from fully disengauging.I would also like to add that i had a heelclicker kit added this season at my dealer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rpdoo said:
HighSierra said:
[snapback]701450[/snapback]​
If it is the primary clutch,what would be stoping it from fully disengauging.I would also like to add that i had a heelclicker kit added this season at my dealer
[snapback]702021[/snapback]​
I would really like some more input on this issue because it is still happening.If it is the primary I need to know what is causing it not to fully disengauge.This is driving me crazy so any information would be nice,THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Did you buy a OEM belt? Are you sure you got the right one. Measure it against the old one. if they are very different something is wrong with the belt. How hard was it to get on? Sounds like the belt is too short.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigReving said:
Did you buy a OEM belt? Are you sure you got the right one. Measure it against the old one. if they are very different something is wrong with the belt. How hard was it to get on? Sounds like the belt is too short.
[snapback]704701[/snapback]​
It is an oem belt and seems to be the same,but did seem a little harder to install.I have a new one now and i will post back how it works out .Thanks BigReving

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Check the numbers on the top of the belt and see if it's the same as the old one.

If it's the right one, did the old one work fine? If so, what was your cam on the secondary set at? The reason I ask is because your clutches may need to be aligned. Your C-C distance may be off causing the belt be to tight. Just a thought. Chances are it's nothing major

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
rpdoo said:
ren said:
rpdoo said:
76TNTRV said:
you need to adjust your cam on your Sounds like you may have the wrong belt.

driven(3 6mm bolts) so your belt is sitting with just the cooling fins above the pulley. its just a lil too tight, prolly because the previous belt was slightly different or has been adjusted by previous owner/dealer
As mentioned by 76tnt there is a cam adjuster on your secondary clutch. With the esled on a track stand loosen the 3 bolts on turn the cam to a lower number to open the sheave and allow the belt to sit lower. Try one number at a time .... retighten 3 bolts ... fire it up and turn track a few revolutions. Keep doing until track just barely creeps at idle on a track stand.
[snapback]700939[/snapback]​
I am sorry I failed to mention that i have already done that.I actually moved it all the way back to 0 and still the same issues.Thank You.I contacted my dealer today and he never really heard of it before,and he seems to think there is some issue with the belt,hopefully.
[snapback]701135[/snapback]​

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mill9876 said:
check the primary spring it could be brock heelclicker had problems with there spring
[snapback]705865[/snapback]​
I checked the primary spring today and it was fine.Whaat i did notice was that The weights didn't seem to be sitting properly .One was sitting fine but the other two didn't seem to fall down all the way,they were touching the sheeve.I think this would stop the clutch from fully disengauging don't you.We are having a storm here now so if you could tell me how to correct this it would be great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rpdoo said:
mill9876 said:
check the primary spring it could be brock heelclicker had problems with there spring
[snapback]705865[/snapback]​
I checked the primary spring today and it was fine.Whaat i did notice was that The weights didn't seem to be sitting properly .One was sitting fine but the other two didn't seem to fall down all the way,they were touching the sheeve.I think this would stop the clutch from fully disengauging don't you.We are having a storm here now so if you could tell me how to correct this it would be great.
[snapback]709664[/snapback]​
It was the weights and i corrected it.Thanks for everyones input i appreciate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.