Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if there is a way to turn in the 2020 display gauge to adjust the settings without idling the motor. I see videos but can't figure it out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that and held for a while but it didn’t turn it on. I’m guessing there is a way as I see people adjusting them I without motor running.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you tried pushing down the kill switch and tapping the start button? If I remember correctly that powers up the gage with out starting the sled.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried all of the suggestions and none of them worked. There must be away to do all of settings with out letting it idle.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
We know it works on the 4s, if there was a way on the 2s KRM would know how.
If not, there should be!
As mentioned, I have only seen the gauge "power up" with the engine off on the four stroke models. This is a nice feature; I use it all the time to reset the trip meters after fueling and for checking features and meters on the gauge. You would think they could (and should) make this feature or trait available to E-TECs with electric start (with a battery), but I have never seen an E-TEC that does this. Add this to the list of things BRP needs to hear about from us consumers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I agree it would be nice for the 2021! Not a big deal just a nice add to make it easier to learn how to and to set in the garage etc.

Thanks everyone for your input!

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850 136
1,402 Posts
On my 19 I would,

--- Have tether on

--- kill switch up and ready to start

--- then flick start button as if your starting it, but just flick it on quickly and it won't start, but gauges and headlight come on till it times out.

I'm guessing this would work on the 20s as well

Dan

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
On my 19 I would,
--- Have tether on
--- kill switch up and ready to start
--- then flick start button as if your starting it, but just flick it on quickly and it won't start, but gauges and headlight come on till it times out.

I'm guessing this would work on the 20s as well

Dan
works like this on my 17.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
I messed around with a 900T at the dealer and the display stayed on for a bit b4 it timed out. I set up my 2020 850 pretty quickly with the engine running. If you know what configuration you want to set up in advance you can do the entire gauge setup with the sled running in a couple minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the kill switch needs to be in the on position, then just hit the start button once quickly the gauge and headlights should all come on for a couple seconds, this wont work if the kill switch is the off position.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Above technique of lifting kill switch and just tapping start button works but isn’t useful as it will time out before you can accomplish anything.

Reactions: MX-Z Man and 900mac
1 - 20 of 23 Posts