Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
3,931 Posts
3 weekends ago I blew up my rev and the dealership hasn't gooten parts for it yet. So they let me ride the new 2007 Polaris IQ all weekend. The dealership was EXTREME POWERSPORTS of Gaylord Mi. There a great place. But I have to say it sits exactly like the rev. It was a decent sled. It had it Pros and cons.
PROS:
Seat sat up higher and it felt more comfortable when sitting
Rode exaclty like a Rev
It had great steering through corners no pushing or to much bite
The digital dash was a nice feature
Had the same stlye buttons on the left side of bars as a rev so I was still used to were things were
Sled had good power
It had the RER style reverse
It came in the same color as my truck Burnt Orange
CONS:
The sled bogged out When I would wait at stop signs for people and then try to go it felt like it was all loaded up but it would only do that if you let it idle and all you had to do was let it idle for 30 seconds and it would still do it.
Could've used raised bars on it
You still sit a little fartehr back than you feet On a rev you crouch all forward and you sit above your feet can do it on the polaris.
Its a bit front end heavy When trying to hit even the smallest of jumps just to pop up the front end it wouldnt want to come off the ground
Theres a lot of copying off the rev with the buttons the reverse and the ride
When in reverse you dont know it in reverse other than a little light on the dash no beebing or nothing (Kinda scary in a way)
Could of used a deeper lug track and a 136 in track
It would suck down oil and gas like no other

That are the pros and cons that I can think of and remember You might of seen me on it this weekend if you were in the Gaylord area. I was up near Gaylord and Jordan Valley on Saturday and Sunday I was on the North and South loop and up in Gaylord returnign the sled. It was a Burnt orange polaris IQ 600 H.O. with me on it wearing all my skidoo gear. All in all it was a pretty nice sled.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I heard the poo 600ho gots about 7-8 MPG can anyone back that up?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Thats what a guy told me in MI. He was riding a brand new 600 HO poo.

·
Registered
759 Posts
there is a recall on them , they are catching fire , forget extra years warranty put fire insurance on instead.

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never thought to figure out what gas mileage was but it shure did suck compared to a 2003 MXZ X 800 I was riding with. And it liked to suck down the oil too.

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
I spend half of my freaking income on gas and oil. The last thing I need is a sled that uses a ton of both
JUNK - UGLY - Keep It!

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
thesledhead said:
[snapback]748876[/snapback]​
No that's a load, my buds got one he gets 13-14 imp. gal, I get 17+ with my 600 SDI gade, that's the best he gets although he doesn't seem to get much worse. His loads up also and uses a fare amount of oil, it seems that the factory knows about this because he took it in for the 10 hr check, they did a jet change and I think adjusted the oil pump (they said the cable stretches ???????? weird).

It's not as fast as all the MAGs were squacking about in the preseason tests, glad I drive a rev, it likes Polari 600 HOs.

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RENEGADE13 said:
RebelliousRacing said:
It came in the same color as my truck Burnt Orange
it looks like it could be the A&W rootbeer sled!
[snapback]750335[/snapback]​
HAHA Never thought of that one
Hell ill drink a float to that

·
E-Tec Rules
33,546 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,343 Posts
thesledhead said:
[snapback]748876[/snapback]​
The guy we ride with gets around 9 MPG with his.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Polaris has more to come than that orange sled they released. Theres a 600 injected a 700 dragon all high end sleds have the option of walker evans shocks. That 600IQ that was orange is a low dollar bang for the buck type sled like what the 500ss used to be before the prices got retarded from doo. Except the poo has good rebuildable shocks over the 500ss I may be buying a leftover doo or a new poo, prolly a Poo cause unless I get another 500ss the sdi's and p-teks arent much more reliable than the poos are either, and at least poo has shocks that dont need to be revlaved and are rebuildable from the crate. Talk is cheap and usaully comes from cat riders but some others cime in at times to, the IQ/Fusion is a much better sled then it's reputation is letting it be its not a rev but wasnt designed to be one either, closes comparision from that poo to a doo would be the mach rt chassis, they feel very close to each other. Also the buttons copying came from doo my 99 Polaris had those switches on it long before doo, how about this years MXZ-XRS I remeber a 04 Pro-XR same thing hum, and the pre heat button for reverse same thing on the 04 Pro--X sleds hum. Copying is done by every brand mostly for the best of us consumers so dont knock it.

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heres a picture if it works

Attachments

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there kinda small

Attachments