Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Let it Snow
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 500 ss for the mrs. She came off an 02 Mxz Adrenalin with HPG Shocks. Well, this 500 ss only has oil motion control shocks. I would like to upgrade to some HPG Shocks. The ride height has been lowered on the 06's by about an 1.5" or so. Question is: Can I get away with putting 03-05 HPG Shocks on or will it not work? I know the shocks are different length, but I am just curious to see if I can do it or not. Of course, the dealer has already told me "it won't work" just to get my money for some new HPG's I am sure, but I would like to save a few bucks by putting some "gently used" shocks on. Would like to know if anybody has tried it or not and why. Any/All input and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same problem w/my motion ctl shocks.I got lucky and the fronts leaked oil so they warrantied them I payed the difference for the Adreneline shocks,huge diff but the rear still bothered me so I gave that sled to my wife and baught a 500SS adreneline for me much more happy.If you put sc3 shocks on the front you will raise the sled I don't know about the rear.There are a pair of rear sc4 adreneline shocks in classifieds link for b/o saw them yesterday those shocks plus warranty the fronts and upgrade like I did and I think you will be happier.Plus thats more economical I think.

·
Let it Snow
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
air0rmc said:
I had the same problem w/my motion ctl shocks.I got lucky and the fronts leaked oil so they warrantied them I payed the difference for the Adreneline shocks,huge diff but the rear still bothered me so I gave that sled to my wife and baught a 500SS adreneline for me much more happy.If you put sc3 shocks on the front you will raise the sled I don't know about the rear.There are a pair of rear sc4 adreneline shocks in classifieds link for b/o saw them yesterday those shocks plus warranty the fronts and upgrade like I did and I think you will be happier.Plus thats more economical I think.
[snapback]736741[/snapback]​
thank you, I will look into it.
Please keep the responses comin

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Ryde fx work for great replacements and you can use shocks off of zx chassis sleds also.

·
Let it Snow
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dyna-tek racing said:
Ryde fx work for great replacements and you can use shocks off of zx chassis sleds also.
[snapback]737338[/snapback]​
Thank you for your responses. I appreciate it greatly
kyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts