Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a guy around here jsut bot one and blew the motor...low km's seems a bit funny but i can almost remeber seeing something on here about a recal on the pistons and ring set up? can anyone let me know if there is or not?shes a 03 800 ho

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
copstop350 said:
a guy around here jsut bot one and blew the motor...low km's seems a bit funny but i can almost remeber seeing something on here about a recal on the pistons and ring set up? can anyone let me know if there is or not?shes a 03 800 ho
[snapback]750768[/snapback]​
no recall and very few problems with the 03 800, some had a pto seal problem that could be fixed externally and no endemic ring problem...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[no recall and very few problems with the 03 800, some had a pto seal problem that could be fixed externally and no endemic ring problem...
[snapback]750783[/snapback]​
[/quote]

thanks alot great bunch here

happy ridin'

·
Registered
860 Posts
There is definitely a ring/piston problem with those motors... but no recall...
The moly flakes out of the center of the ring and the motor looses compression... early symptoms are difficulty going into RER, crappy idle, etc...
Don't let ViperER fool you... it happened to my 05 - so what does that say about 03s - and if you don't see the connection, i'm sure there's more than a few people that will vouch for bad 03 rings
Also a PTO seal problem, but only with 03s- seal pops out... but no recall... someone on here sells a very nice PTO seal retainer kit for it... cheap insurance

·
Registered
860 Posts
Jeeze - reading viper's post again just makes me mad... not everyone gets a new sled every year and doesn't have to worry about their crap rings... this site helps people catch this problem early - and yet the famous ViperER continues to keep his head in the sand - and tries to recruit others... sickens me

·
Registered
985 Posts
ViperER said:
copstop350 said:
[snapback]750768[/snapback]​
no recall and very few problems with the 03 800, some had a pto seal problem that could be fixed externally and no endemic ring problem...
[snapback]750783[/snapback]​

Viper, Your answers are always good for a laugh...

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts