Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I'm considering the Mach Z X for next year and i'm really wondering if the front suspension has been adequate for aggresive riding compared to the Renegade 1000 with 9" of travel up front. I'm presently on a 800 X Gade and will be purchasing a short track next year and i really wanted the Mach X last year but was afraid of the front travel..............Any thoughts would be appreciated

Also does anyone have opinions going from a 800 X Gade to a short trck Mach ?

How about opinions on the Mach Z X vs the 1000 X Gade?

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANYONE ?????

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you ride the rough stuff at all, you may want to keep your rev. I do like my 06mach, 1000miles and only the left heat grip blew out. Don`t have the top end as some guys but i`ll sacrifice for dependability. I do wish it had more travel up front, when i nose into something hard, it stings. The mach will feel heavier than your 800 but handles alot better. Just my.02 worth

·
Registered
883 Posts
peter said:
I'm considering the Mach Z X for next year and i'm really wondering if the front suspension has been adequate for aggresive riding compared to the Renegade 1000 with 9" of travel up front. I'm presently on a 800 X Gade and will be purchasing a short track next year and i really wanted the Mach X last year but was afraid of the front travel..............Any thoughts would be appreciated

Also does anyone have opinions going from a 800 X Gade to a short trck Mach ?

How about opinions on the Mach Z X vs the 1000 X Gade?

Thanks

Peter
[snapback]718057[/snapback]​
Imagine your 800 gade with more pull throughout and ZERO ski lift! Thats the 1000 gade and its awesome!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any other thoughts on the Mach ZX........??

·
Registered
280 Posts
peter said:
Any other thoughts on the Mach ZX........??
[snapback]721653[/snapback]​
i have had zero problems with my mach z,it handles well in the turns it has awesome power .....but it doesnt suck up the ruff stuff.....i like the power on the trails and the cornering but its a heavy sled ....reminds me of my 96 f111 from years go with more rear suspension ...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Peter, As you probaly know, the x package gives you more than just a heavy duty shock package. Anyhow, it will always be a x package for me just for the heavy duty everything. It's a x for a reason and I don't care what anyone says, the mach zx will ditch bang and do whatever just about as well as the rev chasis.
Tried them both, been there done that.

·
Registered
831 Posts
chodders,
Just curious what you're basing your assessment from. I think the Mach Zx is HORRIBLE in the rough stuff and WONT touch a Rev in the bumps. I just about get killed in the bumps with my Zx and I have it set pretty stiff and it still bottoms out HARD. What's your trick?

My opinion.................. and I've put 1200 miles on my Zx this year. It's a groomed trail and lake sled and that's it. I've tried almost every combo with the Zx package and it sucks in anything above small stutters. I think the track needs to be let out of the tunnel up front and the front shocks need about 2" more stroke. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Kirch said:
chodders,
Just curious what you're basing your assessment from. I think the Mach Zx is HORRIBLE in the rough stuff and WONT touch a Rev in the bumps. I just about get killed in the bumps with my Zx and I have it set pretty stiff and it still bottoms out HARD. What's your trick?

My opinion.................. and I've put 1200 miles on my Zx this year. It's a groomed trail and lake sled and that's it. I've tried almost every combo with the Zx package and it sucks in anything above small stutters. I think the track needs to be let out of the tunnel up front and the front shocks need about 2" more stroke. Just my 2 cents.
[snapback]721832[/snapback]​
Kirsh, I tell you what! I ride with freinds who have MXZX's to Pro X's and when we go out and get NUTS
They are just lovin how awsome my Mach tears up the POWDER. Groomed trail riding is for PUSSY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy a frickin touring sled if you want to ride the snow covered sidewalks. I can carve steep hillsides and sharp curves just as well as any sled out there . I have all my settings SOFT, even on my 02 MXZX I had and it was the doo's "edit for bad language"... End of Story

·
Registered
831 Posts
chodders,
Again for you to say the Mach Z will handle in the bumps like a rev is an invalid statement.... look at all the posts on here complaining about it. I WISH my handled better in the bumps, cuz I too like to ride fast bumps or not. What do you have done to your mach suspension that makes you the ONLY one stating the mach is good in the bumps??? Am I missing something??

·
Registered
873 Posts
Kirch said:
chodders,
Again for you to say the Mach Z will handle in the bumps like a rev is an invalid statement.... look at all the posts on here complaining about it. I WISH my handled better in the bumps, cuz I too like to ride fast bumps or not. What do you have done to your mach suspension that makes you the ONLY one stating the mach is good in the bumps??? Am I missing something??
[snapback]736628[/snapback]​
Yap! can't wait to hear from chodders ??? need those settings badly

·
Registered
831 Posts
ok, so I'm not the only one with an X that SUCKS A$$ in the bumps.

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
chodders said:
Kirch said:
chodders,

[snapback]721832[/snapback]​
Kirsh, I tell you what! I ride with freinds who have MXZX's to Pro X's and when we go out and get NUTS
They are just lovin how awsome my Mach tears up the POWDER. Groomed trail riding is for PUSSY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy a frickin touring sled if you want to ride the snow covered sidewalks. I can carve steep hillsides and sharp curves just as well as any sled out there . I have all my settings SOFT, even on my 02 MXZX I had and it was the doo's "edit for bad language"... End of Story
[snapback]735516[/snapback]​
If you read this post, it doesn't say anything about bumps and moguls. what it says is POWDER RIDING.

·
Registered
831 Posts
correct, it doesn't state anything about moguls. However, he says it's a good ditch banger............ I consider ditch banging the same as mogul mashing. Could someone define ditch banging for me?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been very satisfied with the rough trail performance of my '05 Mach Z outfitted with '06 RevX front piggybacks and '05 RevX rear shocks. I picked up just under 2" of ground clearance up front and have dropped my limiter straps one hole to compensate. Will it stay with the best bump sleds in the rough stuff - absolutely not... Will they stay with my Mach when the trail smooths out a bit or on an open lake - absolutely not.. It has been a great sled though not without some problems - speedo, recoil and driveshaft. All problems have been handled quickly by dealer and backed up by the BRP warranty.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I own a '05 800 rev x and an '05 machz with '99 mxz rebuildable fronts and '03 x shocks in the rear. IMHO even with the better shocks on the mach i'll ride that on the muskoka lakes and very well groomed trails. Now the 800x gimmie that for mogul mashing, ditch banging, or as I consider them all around rough riding conditions. Even tho it's not much I can feel the xtra weight between the two.

Just my .02

Doug

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got back last night from a 4 day ride (786 miles) with 6 Ski-doos. I have a MachZ X and one of the other sleds was a Gade 1000. The Gade was smoother in the bumps and better in the powder. But the Mach was quicker on top end, more manouverable and got better gas mileage by up to a gallon at some fill-ups. All as expected. Best mileage was a GSX 600 SDI - 21 mpg, Mach Z - 19 mpg, Gade - 18 mpg and two 800's were around 8 - 9 mpg. I love the Mach for trail riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
snow wing said:
I just got back last night from a 4 day ride (786 miles) with 6 Ski-doos. I have a MachZ X and one of the other sleds was a Gade 1000. The Gade was smoother in the bumps and better in the powder. But the Mach was quicker on top end, more manouverable and got better gas mileage by up to a gallon at some fill-ups. All as expected. Best mileage was a GSX 600 SDI - 21 mpg, Mach Z - 19 mpg, Gade - 18 mpg and two 800's were around 8 - 9 mpg. I love the Mach for trail riding.

[snapback]738378[/snapback]​
Hey guys,
I love my 06 ZX, I will admit it does not ditch bang like a 600 or 800 X, but I rarely bottom out and love it. I have the upgraded torsion springs in the rear, 192 studs, sucked up the limiter one notch, run the clickers full closed/maxed out, and I recently upgraded to dual 8 exec carbides in the front. Everyone thought I was crazy but they helped so much. I had to crank up the center spring a "very" little to lighten up the steering, went down on the front shocks from 4 to 2. Now it corners incredibly, incredibly plush front, little stiff in the rear, but I took the coupling blocks back down to position 1 and it gives just a little more and adds some plushness. I also do my best to lead the pack and I full throttle through the big moguls skimming over the top of each. Nonetheless I think everyone needs to really take the time and play with the suspension and the folks at hygear straight up say that the rear torsion springs should be changed for anyone over 180. I think most folks that have the balls to own a Mach tend to be 200 lbs plus. Good luck guys and just freakin ride the darn thing!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts