Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2016 Summit X T3 154.......

Let me spare you all the.... told ya so....dummy move, etc. I wanted a Summit 146 X, but they quit making them. So I bought the 154 T3 cuz I like off trail......but mostly cuz I LOVED THE YELLOW COLOR!

So now that the truth is on the table, here's my dilemma. I ride as much off trail as possible in da UP. I put a DJ low elevation clutch kit on it. Gears are 21/49. The clutch hits like no tomorrow, but on the trail, it's going 40 mph at 6000 RPM's.

Is there anything I can do to get about 10 more mph out of it at the same rpm's? I know I will lose some grunt, but the hills in da UP aren't THAT big. And from what I read, a top tooth change is only good for 2 mph......Don't think I can fit a 31 top gear!!!!!

Looking for any and all insight and solutions...
Thanks

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
6000 at 40 is nothing unusual for a mountain sled. You can drop the primary spring engagement but that will lessen the performance you get from the clutching.

You can put a 45T on the bottom (and a shorter chain) but will lose a lot of performance low-mid.

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
438 ramps

Clicker 3

135/385 primary spring

225/330 secondary spring

There is no other primary spring with a lower start force that has this kind of final force.

Two ways to lower the engine speed at "X" vehicle speed.

1] lower start force of secondary spring

or

2] select a taller top gear.

If you go with the taller gear

23t will give approximate 6mph increase in vehicle speed at 6000 rpms and 7mph @ 7950 rpms.

24t will give a little bit more

154t3gear.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got a 2016 Summit X T3 154.......

Let me spare you all the.... told ya so....dummy move, etc. I wanted a Summit 146 X, but they quit making them. So I bought the 154 T3 cuz I like off trail......but mostly cuz I LOVED THE YELLOW COLOR!

So now that the truth is on the table, here's my dilemma. I ride as much off trail as possible in da UP. I put a DJ low elevation clutch kit on it. Gears are 21/49. The clutch hits like no tomorrow, but on the trail, it's going 40 mph at 6000 RPM's.

Is there anything I can do to get about 10 more mph out of it at the same rpm's? I know I will lose some grunt, but the hills in da UP aren't THAT big. And from what I read, a top tooth change is only good for 2 mph......Don't think I can fit a 31 top gear!!!!!

Looking for any and all insight and solutions...
Thanks
i'll just trade u sleds that will solve your problem.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts