Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got a VERY used 97 mach 1 on a trade and the sled has a problem..It was running good and was low on gas so he parked it ,got some gas ,ran it some more ,parked it for the night and today it wont run ? THEN we see it has gas running out the bottom of the sled so we pulled the spark plugs and the right side is full of gas ?????? What should he doo ? Carb cleaning ? Any ideas would help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
FrozenPolock said:
My friend just got a VERY used 97 mach 1 on a trade and the sled has a problem..It was running good and was low on gas so he parked it ,got some gas ,ran it some more ,parked it for the night and today it wont run ? THEN we see it has gas running out the bottom of the sled so we pulled the spark plugs and the right side is full of gas ?????? What should he doo ? Carb cleaning ? Any ideas would help.
[snapback]314950[/snapback]​
Sounds like the needle and seat in the carbs are worn. My MX use to do the same thing. Did he shut the fuel off before putting the Mach to bed? Easy way to do a temporary fix
until the carbs can be taken care of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys , I thought the same thing just wanted to check with others. We got the gas out of it and put some new plugs in it and it fired up.
What do you think is a good price for a small shop to clean the carbs(x3) ?The thing is in bad shape(needs a seat, ski`s,shocks, and a bunch of TLC) but what do you think its worth ??????in upstate NY.

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
Most shops around here would charge about $100 to clean the carbs. Extra if any parts are required or if they are extra dirty.

I would also get those carbs cleaned before riding. It's very hard to tell when a cylinder is down, just because there's three of them, and with only two cylinders it's still got plenty of power.

Most of the 97 Mach 1's around here are lucky to get about $1500-2000. I have seen a couple of them go for $2000 that were absolutely MINT with about 500 miles. It took my friend 4 months to sell his, 1000 miles on it, all paperwork and pictures to show that crank update was done, and he had to accept $1750 to sell it.

All figures in US Dollars, in Michigan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts