Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 1200 Enduro. Time to replace the skis, looking for something other than Pilot TS skis again.
C&A Pros ? 5.7 Pilots ? Something else ? All trail riding. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love the TS with snowtrackers (maybe 15k km on this setup) - I couldn't ask for anything more from a trail ski setup. Having said that, I recently changed my track (ice storm 150) and decided to go with 6.9's/snowtrackers hoping for similar on trail characteristics with improved off trail.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Just put 6.9’s on my 17 Enduro, Better all around ski for the heavy front end. Started with 5” doo carbides in the middle and 4” on the outside, just ordered 7.5” shapers to help with the recent 96 studs I just installed .

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I like my 6.9s. Great trail ski with some extra width to keep the 1200 triple on top. Had C and A pros before. They will rail but you pay the price in effort to turn them.
Kurt

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. That gives me a lot to look into.

I also should of said I added 96 studs to the ice ripper that came on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
One more vote for the 6.9, 6 inch Doolies and a Rub Rail. But "steering when stopped" might be harder than you initially expected. Changed to them on one sled from DS2 skis and from 5.7 Pilots on an other sled. Not going back on ether. Initially thought I might try 8 inch Doolies for next season, but in balance, sticking with the 6 inch. The MXZ is fully studded 120 inch track, the Skandic is a WT and has a full compliment of screw in, automotive studs. Find the setup works well with both track / stud combinations. The other consideration when I first ordered the 6.9, the two position trailer does not have much extra room. With the 6.9's frequently some "overlap" of the skis, it's at the width limit.

_Jack

·
President and Founder of Team Grampa
1,620 Posts
Okay, I'll be the black sheep of the family. I've used Slydogs for years and am happy with them.

·
Registered
828 Posts
C&A.I have the wide snowcross skis on mine and love it! As long as suspension is set correctly. Point and go. These are very aggressive though. The razor or xpt would good though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts