Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes 2010 and my 2011 both require clutches. What is everone running, who's make would you suggest? Trail riding and lake running.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,632 Posts
Replace the worn parts in the ones you have.

My wifes 2010 and my 2011 both require clutches. What is everone running, who's make would you suggest? Trail riding and lake running.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Thanks
Call Cudney racing and get setup with a Powerblock 80.

Or, I could sell you a perfectly good stock TRA that came off my XR with 1000 miles on it and is just sitting on the bench. I'm sure there are a few out there from the guys that have switched to the PB80. It won't go back on my machine until I go to sell the sled!

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,664 Posts
They are worn out, wifes 2010 has 5000 miles my 2011 3000 miles.
I know Doodoctor(Brian) has some new takeoffs sitting around if you want to keep the stock TRA on it and would probably make you a good deal on them(lol), most have gone to the PB80 and have had very good results/feedback. I know mine @ 2000 miles needs a complete go thru right now and picked a PB80 up from Brian and going to check it out this season to see how it does performance wise and in durability. Really like the TRA but over the years the quality of them and their components have really gone down hill making very them very inconsistant while testing and trail performance. Do search on "Knappattack" or "PB80" to help with your decision on which way to go......

-Grover

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
I Have a built TRA that came off my boosted 1200 for sale. Pinned and with the heavier TRA V sheave. Had a Yamaha Primary machined to try something different this season and see if I can gain anything more.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
All this talk about worn out clutches has me a bit confused. I have a 09 1200 with 7500 miles on it and I took the clutch apart last month. I was expecting a real mess because of what I read on this forum. What I found was the ramps are a bit worn and uneven. The rollers are fine and the arms and all other moving parts are still tight without any signs of wear or play. I will replace my ramps before next season and all other parts my dealer feels need replacing but I think this is very acceptable wear for this mileage. I see no need for a clutch change and think rhe best thing to do is replace whatever parts need replacing and put another 7500 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I don't see the wear on the TRA either. Maybe some people ride a lot in the range where they rattle and perhaps it is truly wearing them fast. All I know is the PB80 doesn't have the rattle and from what I have seen, shows a huge performance increase in the top end department.

The engine harmonics show with the stock TRA button rattle without a doubt in that certain RPM range. I would have to think the rollers and ramps are getting punished too. I just cant understand why the cheaper and simpler Powerblock 80 doesn't show any wear or noise and performs so very well. All I know is it just flat out works without any drawbacks. Ski-Doo should be using it as an OEM piece on the 1200.

·
Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.
11,241 Posts
I don't see the wear on the TRA either. Maybe some people ride a lot in the range where they rattle and perhaps it is truly wearing them fast. All I know is the PB80 doesn't have the rattle and from what I have seen, shows a huge performance increase in the top end department.

The engine harmonics show with the stock TRA button rattle without a doubt in that certain RPM range. I would have to think the rollers and ramps are getting punished too. I just cant understand why the cheaper and simpler Powerblock 80 doesn't show any wear or noise and performs so very well. All I know is it just flat out works without any drawbacks. Ski-Doo should be using it as an OEM piece on the 1200.
I can't wait to try my PB80 kit. Got it a couple months ago and threw it on. The snow can't come soon enough!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts