Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
well heres the thing. went out for a drive tonight with a buddy and tomorrow we have a big trip planned and anyways when ever i am going under 40 and when i walk on it the sled will make a clunk sound and i think its coming from the clutch but if i am goin over 40 then walk on it its fine. any help is appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Take the little tool out of your kit that is hinged and threaded on one end and turn it into the open hole on the end of your secondary clutch. The more you turn it in, the more it splits the sheaves apart to easily slide the belt off. Make sure when you install the new belt, the arrow faces toward the front of the machine. Reverse the order to install.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scanny said:
Take the little tool out of your kit that is hinged and threaded on one end and turn it into the open hole on the end of your secondary clutch. The more you turn it in, the more it splits the sheaves apart to easily slide the belt off. Make sure when you install the new belt, the arrow faces toward the front of the machine. Reverse the order to install.
[snapback]693612[/snapback]​
thanks for the help. if i dont have the tool can tou use a bolt to do the trick.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
You can also spread the secondary by hand. All you have to do is lock your emergency brake, and place your hands on the inside sheave, then press firmly back and rotate to the right. This will allow it to open, then you hold it with your right hand and take the belt off with your left. Doesn't take a whole lot, just need to find out when and how much you need to rotate it. A bolt would work if you could find the same metric fine thread. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mxzeatr said:
You can also spread the secondary by hand. All you have to do is lock your emergency brake, and place your hands on the inside sheave, then press firmly back and rotate to the right. This will allow it to open, then you hold it with your right hand and take the belt off with your left. Doesn't take a whole lot, just need to find out when and how much you need to rotate it. A bolt would work if you could find the same metric fine thread. Hope this helps!
[snapback]693961[/snapback]​
thanks this does help alot because i have no tool for it. i know this sounds stupid but which is the secondary and which is the primary. and also what do you mean by sheave. thanks for the help and im fairly new to sleds. thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The secondary is the one on the right if you are looking at the sled from the side, or the one in the back if you are sitting on the sled. Sheaves are the two halves of the clutch, the faster you go the more the sheaves open on the secondary. The Primary is just the opposite, the faster you go the more the clutch closes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
put the e-brake on. grab the outer half of the secondary and twist. it is tough but you can doo it by hand. otherwise any friends with a doo will have the same tool. it is the same tool even for newer sleds. even if you had to buy one it can't cost more then $10.0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.