Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 2002 mxz 700 and im in the process of puting an extension kit on it. i got the back two bolts of the suspension out no problem but i cant get the right side bolt of the front two out. it will spin but will not come out. it will also spin the bolt on the left side. when i put a wrench on the left side bolt to keep it from moving and turn the right side bolt the left side bolt will come out. i am completely confused and have no idea what to do. anyone have any ideas on getting that bolt out?

·
First In, Last Out
2,985 Posts
Snug up the bolt on the left and then start removing the bolt on the right. Once you get the right bolt loosened, loosen both bolts at about the same rate so that they come out at the same time. It might take some tightening and loosening, but they will come out. I had to do the same thing to get my suspension out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive tried something like that except i used two impact wrenches. i was tightening the left side bolt and trying to loosen the right side bolt but the same thing happened...the left side bolt kept coming out but the right one would just spin.

·
First In, Last Out
2,985 Posts
Try spraying down the right bolt with some rust inhibitor stuff - WD-40 or the likes. It could be that the right bolt is in there very tight.

Another method to try is to get a nut that fits on the left bolt, put it on, and then tighten the bolt down as tight as possible (this tightens the bolt into the shaft while using less threads), then try to loosen the right bolt. If you have the left bolt tight enough you shouldn't need to hold it with anything while loosening the right. When I loosened mine I tightened the left as much as possible (and took all tools off it), then the grip of the right broke and loosened, then I loosened both gradually at the same time.

The reason why one bolt will come out and the other won't easily is because they screw into a shaft in the front arm of the rear suspension, which is a grease point, so nothing grabs onto the shaft and it spins. This is why you'll need to clamp the shaft down using the left bolt to loosen the right.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried that method today, the bolt came out eventually, but it did take a lot of tightening and loosening.

thanks for your help Blector.

cait wait to get the 136 extension on it.

·
First In, Last Out
2,985 Posts
No problem sledrider. Glad to hear everything worked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts