Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes, my issue; small issue but still an issue. I have a '02 mxz 600(trail model) that my future wife drives. She loves ridding it until the next day. I was woundering if there is any suspension improvements to increase comfort. ie: shock upgrades, ect.. To help aleviate her severe back pain the next day.

Thanks,

Jason

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
tell her to stand!!!
hmm, i have an 01 mxz 600 trail snd the suspension can be tough to dial in, all there really is to do is to keep adjusting it to see what feels the best for her. soften up the front spring, the preload blocks, and then take off the rubber stoppers at the back of where the coupling block is, allows for more travel, which in most cases=more comfy ride! jus my $.02

Andrew

·
vintage color spoken here!
1,014 Posts
snomomanskdo said:
Ok here it goes, my issue; small issue but still an issue. I have a '02 mxz 600(trail model) that my future wife drives. She loves ridding it until the next day. I was woundering if there is any suspension improvements to increase comfort. ie: shock upgrades, ect.. To help aleviate her severe back pain the next day.

Thanks,

Jason

[snapback]724952[/snapback]​
How heavy is your fiance? The rear springs may be too stiff for her. Just buy the springs for her weight, and I bet you will be fine. Also check the other spring settings to see where they are. I also use one of those back braces while riding, helps a bunch. Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How many miles are on it?
The shocks may be shot. The trail models come stock with the cheap shocks.
Mine were shot and I just replaced them with the HPG rebuilable shocks. Much better now. Also, try the spring adustments as suggested. They make a difference as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gigax said:
How many miles are on it?
The shocks may be shot. The trail models come stock with the cheap shocks.
Mine were shot and I just replaced them with the HPG rebuilable shocks. Much better now. Also, try the spring adustments as suggested. They make a difference as well.
[snapback]725339[/snapback]​
There is 2500 MI on the sled, the first 1000 were rode my me (225lbs). The remaining by her (135lbs). I know the HPG rebuildable's are great, but how about FOX and Ryde FX? How goo are they?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.