Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,went riding today on a 04 500ss,with a 1.25 X 136 ext. Poor snow conditions-30* and rain.Trails are packed down.Made it about 1.5 miles,temp light starts to flicker,then stays on so i pull over,take my glove off and feel the radiator-hot but not like OUCH!.Check the coolant tank,same thing--hot but not boiling--doesnt stink like A-F. All this time my buddy is riding my 05 600ho 121"right alongside me-no temp light on on that one.It comes on 3 more times,same thing no boiling or A-F smell,go 10 miles and turn around due to rain,and it never comes on again.I know snow conditions were poor but?? The 05 light didnt come on.Just heard from a friend that sno-tech mag said somthing about the temp sensor in this sled??? (false readings?) im goin out again tommorow,and going to tape a pocket thermometer to the coolant hose.BUT does anyone know about the the temp sensor serv/bul.???? THANKS MATT...

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mattie said:
'04' 136" 500SS? You modified it, I assume.

Purge all the coolant lines after the mod? All the air is out of it?

Mattie
[snapback]258669[/snapback]​
Yea i modded it,136" track ext.But never had anything in the cooling system apart.

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK just took a couple laps around the yard,then let it idle till the temp light came on.Checked the hose coming out of the heads--165*F,checked at the overflow tank---170*F,seems ok to me whatta you guys think?? (faulty temp sensor?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.