Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST INSTALLED DYNOMO JOES KIT ON MY 2004 B/M 800 HO. HAVE 23.5 GRAMS IN PINS. SLED HITS 7500 RPMS AND SLOWLY CLIMPS TO ABOUT 7800 ON CLICKER 3. TRIED CLICKER 4 SLED FELT MORE RESPONSIVE BUT STILL COULDNT PULL RPMS. QUESTION IS HOW MUCH WEIGHT SHOULD I TAKE OUT. SO I CAN TRY AGAIN DO I GO 1, 2 GRAMS AT A TIME OR WHAT?

PRIMARY:
21 GRAM PINS PLUS 2.5 GRAMS FROM THUNDER SHIFT ROLLERS, SKIDOO GREEN PRIMARY SPRING

SECONDARY:
JOES HELIX SKI DOO PURPLE SEC. SPRING
EVERYTHING ELSE IS STOCK THANKS JEFF

·
Metalhead
9,149 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JOE BRAND NEW SKIDOO BELT 417300166 WITH 20 EASY MILES BEFORE HAMMMERING. BELT DEFLECTION IS PERFECT JUST BERLY START TO CREEP WHEN ON STAND. ALSO PUT NEW SECONDARY SLIDE SHOES IN. AND ALWAYS ON 92 OR BETTER FUEL. DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CHECK? COMPRESSION IS 130LBS BOTH JUGS. SLED FEELS GOOD TO 7000RPMS THEN FALLS APART BERLY PULLING 7800. ???????????

·
Metalhead
9,149 Posts
I did not calibrate with oversize rollers.
I personally don't like them, they make engine have revvy feel in the bottom end and push too hard on top end. I don't like what happens when you go down a hill at say 50 mph then start to lay on the gas and go up the other side, the engine rpms will hang there at low rpms whatever they may be....it makes for labourous engine acceleration to get back to required rpms.
Be on trail at 50 mph and pull off into deep snow, then its worse rpms, and hit a snow drift the sled goes up in the air and comes back down you are on the gas....you will reveal disaster low rpms.

I don't know if you asked me if the oversize rollers can be used with this kit, I would have said what I mention above and recommend to use stock roller size.

I only recommend to use stock rollers and stock oem belt for best results.

If you can go back to stock rollers that would be great then i can easily troubleshoot a problem from there.

Regards
Joey

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK JOE I WILL PUT STOCK ROLLERS BACK IN TONIGHT. WHAT WEIGHT SHOULD I PUT IN? I AM AT 21 GRAMS IN PINS AND ROLLERS WERE 2.5 HEAVIER THAN STOCK. NOW I AM ONLY AT 21 GRAMS WITHOUT T/S ROLLERS. WHAT SHOULD I PUT BACK IN? THANKS JEFF

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JOE COULDNT GET TO IT YESTURDAY, BUT TOOK T/S ROLLERS OUT 25 GRAM OF SLUG, BUT CONDITIONS VANISHED WITH NEW YORKS 45 DEGREE TEMPS YESTURDAY AND TODAY. I WILL GET TO THE HILL THIS WEEKEND AND KEEP YOU POSTED . THANKS FOR THE HELP! JEFF

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
First off............130 PSI is NOT GOOD! It is ok, but not good.......

I used the TSR oversized rollers on my 800.......

I actually had to run 25 grams plus the over size rollers (+2.5) to keep it below 8200...

I then switched to a 230-350 spring, and ran 25g.....and it was pretty good....

I had no real complaints about the oversize rollers.......

One thing about a strong 800, is that you need not have the clutching near even perfect........mine pulled harder then HELL anywhere between 7500 and 8100.........it jsut did not matter...

The only funny thing about the 800 and the S8X, was I was UNABLE to get more than 100MPH out of it.....I never really tried that hard , as 100 was fine to me..........

Now I have a 600HO and I easily got 100MPH ....but you have to get the clutching dialed a little bit better, cause the 600 just doesn't PULL like an 800......you need it to hit 7700 or better real quick, cause otherwise it will feel real lazy...........

I would take a look at your rings, as usually a healthy 800 will show 140 or better at 0-1200 ft in elevation

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I agree with the compreesion it should be 145-155.

I had Joe's kit in my 03.5 morgan with 155 psi ,I ran 25 grams with stock rollers the sled flat out hauled the mail.
It ran 110mph many times on radar.

Joe's kit works VERY well.
tThe only thing about running that kind of wieght is you should clean and inspect the secondary about every 500 miles.
When those secondary slippers go bad they will destroy a helix in no time.

cliff

·
Registered
353 Posts
JOE GOT SOME TEST AND TUNE IN ON THE KIT, HAVE THE BUGS WORKED OUT ,HAVE 24 GRAMS IN, SLED FLAT OUT ROCKS 8000 EVERY TIME YOU WACK THE FLIPPER PROBABLY CAN PUT THE EXTRA GRAM IN BUT IM SO HAPPY WITH IT RIGHT NOW GOING TO LEAVE WEIGHTS ALONE AND DROP GEAR DOWN TWO TEETH. HAS 26/45 GOING TO 24/45. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WILL KEEP YOU UP TO DATE!! OH YA CLICKER IS ON 4

·
Metalhead
9,149 Posts
Hi B-H:

You probably won't have to add any flyweight when you lower the gears by 2.
You'll find the engine will tach even harder and slight lower rpms than right now...

People think the rpms will raise with lowering gears, not with 2 teeth drop, you'll actually push harder.

keep in touch

Regards
Joey

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
tweener said:
First off............130 PSI is NOT GOOD! It is ok, but not good.......

I used the TSR oversized rollers on my 800.......

I actually had to run 25 grams plus the over size rollers (+2.5) to keep it below 8200...

I then switched to a 230-350 spring, and ran 25g.....and it was pretty good....

I had no real complaints about the oversize rollers.......

One thing about a strong 800, is that you need not have the clutching near even perfect........mine pulled harder then HELL anywhere between 7500 and 8100.........it jsut did not matter...

The only funny thing about the 800 and the S8X, was I was UNABLE to get more than 100MPH out of it.....I never really tried that hard , as 100 was fine to me..........
how can u run 25 grams with a 230/350? just curious i have same spring and can only pull 19 grams on #3 with new cudney pistons +rings.
Now I have a 600HO and I easily got 100MPH ....but you have to get the clutching dialed a little bit better, cause the 600 just doesn't PULL like an 800......you need it to hit 7700 or better real quick, cause otherwise it will feel real lazy...........

I would take a look at your rings, as usually a healthy 800 will show 140 or better at 0-1200 ft in elevation
[snapback]730571[/snapback]​

1 - 14 of 14 Posts