Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 98 mach z and while doing some pre season prep i noticed that the flange for one of my pipes is rotted at the flange. I made an attempt to fix it quick by welding it but the metal is just too thin crusty and burning through. So this leads to my question it has center dumps going into a dynaport can. Can I use pipes from say a 600 triple thats not center dump. I dont care about not being able to use my current can. And are there any distinct differances that I should know about.

Thnks in advance for all your advice

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
You probably can run 600 pipes, But I wouldnt. 98 center dumps for the Mach Z are really easy to find, mostly cause no one want anything to do with them and either upgrade to 99's and up, Or buy aftermarket pipes.
I had 2 sets of 98 pipes that I gave to a friend just cause I didnt want them lying around anymore.
I can probably get them back. Will let you know....
98 center dumps actually make more HP then the 99's and up, But you really have to get them hot.

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
I have a set of pipes off a 600 i believe. I dont know what model they are off of tho. Its wierd, they are not mid dumps, but the pipe comes out of the end of the expansion chamber, and curves back down to where a mid dump pipe would exit. They are kind of wierd. And they have a screwy flange setup on them.

EDIT: nevermind, i dont have any mid pipes for them and i bet youd have a he11 of a time finding some for them

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hello

I have a 98 mach z and while doing some pre season prep i noticed that the flange for one of my pipes is rotted at the flange. I made an attempt to fix it quick by welding it but the metal is just too thin crusty and burning through. So this leads to my question it has center dumps going into a dynaport can. Can I use pipes from say a 600 triple thats not center dump. I dont care about not being able to use my current can. And are there any distinct differances that I should know about.

Thnks in advance for all your advice
i have a set of 98 center dumps, and middle pipes and stock can. PM me if interested,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts