Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a used 04 renegade x 600 i want to hop up for deep snow play riding i would like to spend $1500 to $2000 on engine related stuff. what would be the best mods. it has a 1.25 track and will be changing to 2" gears, clutch, motor,pipes ? what do you think? sled is for playriding only not concerned with top speed thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
over rev said:
i bought a used 04 renegade x 600 i want to hop up for deep snow play riding i would like to spend $1500 to $2000 on engine related stuff. what would be the best mods. it has a 1.25 track and will be changing to 2" gears, clutch, motor,pipes ? what do you think? sled is for playriding only not concerned with top speed thanks!
[snapback]749681[/snapback]​
Will a 2" even fit without a drop and roll? If you really want to play in the deep snow, sell the renegade and find yourself a summit with a 151. You wont ever regret it.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a good question. i thought it would? i don't need anything that long i don't want to climb a mountain just play ride but it's not uncommon to get a few inches of fresh snow over here in mn.

·
Registered
946 Posts
the best track for your case is a 136/16/1.75. Thats what im running in the mountains of AK. As a matter of fact I have a used track in good condition if you are in the area. I hang with summits every weekend and always out jump them. You can put a 2 inch paddle on a 04 600. Hatchers has one and it works really well. You just need to gear down. Irondog can help you out lots as well. I say leave the engine alone; gears and clutching are the key. IMO

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
IF YOU LOOK AT THE 2 FRONT BOLTS THAT ARE RIGHT WERE YOUR FEET (USUALY) ARE YOU CAN TAKE THEM OUT AND RE-DRILL NEW HOLES ABOUT 1 1/2 IN BELOW THE EXISTING ONES THIS WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE CLEARENCE YOU NEED FOR A 2" TRACK IT ALSO HELPS YOUR HOOK UP ALOT. WE DID THIS TO MY FRIENDS SLED SAME AS YOURS AND HE LOVES IT.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
Personally I would have to tell you to read Ttabs post. MOst of the information on his thread can be related to a 136. Check it out. It is full of information that is so, so helpful...

Ryan

·
Registered
289 Posts
over rev said:
[snapback]749681[/snapback]​
Look at RK TEKs 600 to 734 big bore kit his site is in the trail of shops.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
you could try and squeez a 16" track in there....
if you really want it for deep snow, maybe some weight reduction should be your priority (besides the 2" track)...
seat, skis, shocks, holes in track...
scott
BTW just flip the sled on its side to see if the 2" track will fit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.