Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Shawn
4,222 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
i've got that jacket and I love it! I ride in upstate ny mainly the adirondacks, it's just a racing shell though and not an actual jacket. I always wear a columbia shell/fleece under it for warmth. But, the side zipper is great, never have to worry about snow or anything seeping in thru the front

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
you could check out the arctiva comp 5 stuff, it is last years model so it might be on clearance if you can find them still. I have the full set and like it. it is a light setup but will require a bit of heavier clothes under 20 degrees F.

steve

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I like my FXR back shift attack jacket they have one verry close, called the Helix attack in white black camo, im from minnesota and ride rivers and trail and like the jackets vents and zip out liner. not the cheapest but not the most expenssive either. have not been cold yet with jacket.

·
I'm not new
25,743 Posts
I have the coldwave high altitude and love it. Anything above 15F and you can where just a t-shirt or long sleave shirt under it. Be careful though. I ordered mine online and was going to go with a XXL and was told that they run small so I got a XXXL. It fits but is a bit big and I probably could have gotten the XXL. I am 6' tall and 220 lb.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also wear FXR also and was impressed with ergo's and quality. It does have a lower collar which a windproof balaclava fixes. Very warm. Very light weight. No issues with craftsmanship after 2000 miles.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
you could check out the arctiva comp 5 stuff, it is last years model so it might be on clearance if you can find them still. I have the full set and like it. it is a light setup but will require a bit of heavier clothes under 20 degrees F.

steve
I've got the comp 5 insulated set and love it . Hooks together to keep out the draft. I got black and my bubby got the snow camo, he wishes he would of got a different color cause it shows dirt easily

·
No more sled
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have that the Castle X Monster Energy (Tucker Hibbert replica). And I love it. I had an FXR jacket, it too I liked. Nice a warm, but so is this Monster Energy coat.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use a North Face shell. Really comfortable, but I chose yellow to match the sled. Bad color choice. I have black scuffs on the front of the jacket from the mountain bar from leaning on it for climbing. I would choose a color that was dark, at least for the chest.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,820 Posts
Looking at getting a White and Black camo jacket. I need a large to x large and was looking at this one but I thought I would get some other Ideas from all of you. Let me know what jackets are good and ones not to get. I mostly ride on the MI trails so. Let me know what you think.

http://www.bikebandi...sx-racing-shell

http://www.jazzmotorsports.com/coldwave-hi-altitude-mens-snowmobile-jacket-blackwhite-camo-p-313951.html
I've had fxr, doo, and castle x, none compare to my Klim gear.

·
Y Zasch
32,933 Posts
bought the Arctiva Comp 5 for unslow's1 last year... she loved it! ordered regular size, plenty of room, wore sweats underneath, and was plenty warm (even at -15F)

colors and sizes sell out quick though through PartsUnlimited... look for tradeshows & powersports expos... they normall are only 10-20% above dealer costs... craigslist, and some of the other sites already mentioned. also, check out some of the banners that pop up on here. they support our sport, and our favorite website
these guys used to sponsor, dunno if they still do, but we have gotten a lot from them

Kuyahoora

·
Registered
208 Posts
I tried the Klimate parka and found it too bulky and lacking pockets zippers. I like the style of Klim gear but found FXR more practical even though it looks "race-inspired". Also I read some guys complaining about bad zippers and water infiltration on other Klim shells. It didn't seem like they were worth the $$$. Just my 2 cents.

·
Shawn
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys for the input but I still am looking. I want to go with the black and white camo skeem but I have time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts