Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this website and working on my own sleds.

Just purchased my first sled. I know how to do some things but not many. My sled is a 1991 ski doo mach 1 617 but the suspension sucks on it and im 6'3" 245 pounds and im only 15 so i went out and bought a 2000 Ski Doo formula deluxe suspension but i have no clue how to get my old suspension out. Right now it is totally unbolted and now im clueless.

So any advice/help is appreciated. Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I'm new to this website and working on my own sleds.

Just purchased my first sled. I know how to do some things but not many. My sled is a 1991 ski doo mach 1 617 but the suspension sucks on it and im 6'3" 245 pounds and im only 15 so i went out and bought a 2000 Ski Doo formula deluxe suspension but i have no clue how to get my old suspension out. Right now it is totally unbolted and now im clueless.

So any advice/help is appreciated. Thanks

Kevin
If you took out the upper front and upper rear tunnel bolts without loosening the track tension and holding the skid in its compressed state (with a ratchet strap)It prolly made some cool noises.If you haven't already,loosen the rear axle bolt then adjust the track tension bolts all the way forward (so the track is as loose as possible ) then compress the skid by fishing a ratchet strap around it and tighten away,It helps to have a friend on the other side of the sled to push up on the track while you re-move the skid

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you took out the upper front and upper rear tunnel bolts without loosening the track tension and holding the skid in its compressed state (with a ratchet strap)It prolly made some cool noises.If you haven't already,loosen the rear axle bolt then adjust the track tension bolts all the way forward (so the track is as loose as possible ) then compress the skid by fishing a ratchet strap around it and tighten away,It helps to have a friend on the other side of the sled to push up on the track while you re-move the skid
ok thanks for the input ill go try that out

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't the PRS Chassis have a wider track than the the S or ZX chassis your going to use? I'd get the measuring tape out first and make sure that new skid is going to fit.

To get the skid out loosen rear axle and move it as far forward as you can, releasing as much track tension. Left rear end of sled as high as you can. If the track and skid are going up with it, you obviously missed a bolt.( I hook it to a tie strap hooked around a rafter). A lad your size should be able to wrestle that skid out real easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i already checked, it will fit, ive gotten all 10 bolts but i just cant get it lower then the tunnel to get it out so ill give it another try tomorrow and see what happens. thanks for the advice

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
i already checked, it will fit, ive gotten all 10 bolts but i just cant get it lower then the tunnel to get it out so ill give it another try tomorrow and see what happens. thanks for the advice
pretty sure the sc-10 suspension had different mounting points..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya the guy i bought it from told me id have to drill new holes, my buddys 2000 mxz is in my garage so i can use that for refrence

1 - 11 of 11 Posts