Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 formula III 600 and i broke the handwarmers on it actually just on the left side. The handwarmers go inside the bars and i wrecked one putting a j-hook in. I'm wondoring do the new revs have handwamrers that go outside of the bars and if they do would they be compatible with my sled? And are they in the grips or under if there outside the bar. Thanks for any help i can get

·
Registered
78 Posts
98_formula_III_600 said:
I have a 98 formula III 600 and i broke the handwarmers on it actually just on the left side. The handwarmers go inside the bars and i wrecked one putting a j-hook in. I'm wondoring do the new revs have handwamrers that go outside of the bars and if they do would they be compatible with my sled? And are they in the grips or under if there outside the bar. Thanks for any help i can get
[snapback]688739[/snapback]​
I just put a set of the new Hot Grips on my sled Tonight! Same issue with the J hooks and the new grips I put on at the beginning of the season. Grips loosened up and made a mess of everthing on my last trip a few weeks ago. Going on a three day ride at the end of the week and its supposed to be in the 20's so I probably wont need them.

·
Registered
691 Posts
98_formula_III_600 said:
[snapback]688739[/snapback]​
I believe that the revs have the warmer that is built into the grip. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Yes the REV heating elements are built into the grip with an external wire hook-up.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so the rev's have the heating element right in the grip but does anybody know if there compatible with my sled or even what voltage they run at

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
98_formula_III_600 said:
Okay so the rev's have the heating element right in the grip but does anybody know if there compatible with my sled or even what voltage they run at
[snapback]693616[/snapback]​
I would be interested in this awnser also. I use the balls in the end instead of j-hooks, ground the slot out farther for the element wires and still have screwed up a handwarmer installing them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did the same thing. I bought a new set from shadetree (two wires not three) I drilled a hole at the other end of the grip and lead the wires though there instead of at the end. then you can keep what ever you want at the end of the bars

·
Registered
603 Posts
Royal sells them, take your grips off, put the warmer around your bars then put your grips back on.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx for the info does anybody know if the hookups for the hand warmers are the same on the revs as my sled? because that would be sweet just unplug the old ones and plug in the new ones

·
Registered
404 Posts
The stick on grips are only good for one use. If you bend your bars you have to change them. The new Doo grips have a plastic tube in them so you use a 7/8" open end wrench and rubber mallet to remove the grip with heating element and then replace them on new bars. I thought that this was a pretty good setup. Last year I had to replace the bars on my old sled and the stick on heaters were junk. I had to buy new ones and they cost more than the bars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts