Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2009 summit 800r from Colorado. I'm riding it in michigan now. Having a high idle issue. Have to use the choke to get it down from around 3500 rpms. Carbs rebuild. .20 jets. New floats. New jugs, pistons, and head. New crank seal on clutch side. Motor is fine just can't figure out the idle. Carb boots are mint. All new gaskets. My question is does this sled have a computer that the dealer has to retune for sea level elevation?? I'm lost I've done everything you guys told me and no change what so ever. Any help would be appreciated!! And I adjuster the air fuel screws it did absolutely nothing. And now as we speak I'm getting my carb slides chromed so maybe that will fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I had the same issue before I rebuilt the motor and carbs. It's how I bought it. I did all this work and it didn't get better at all

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
when the links/holes get egged out .010in or more (you can buy them) and hopefully your slide posts dont look like this one(cant buy them) that will be enough slop to cause major hi-idle,,,and manuel says to not mix up the links up when you take them apart

chromed slides or new slides was the cure for my hi-idle and then i found the linkage slop=10000mi+

also if you look at the flatslide carbs wrong they can hi-idle

BTW,,doo you at least have the stock 480 mainjets?,,cause running lean causes eng to run hotter and that can add to the hi-idle issue

Attachments

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
no computer tuning...just carb tuning. I have my carbs out for re jetting. I'm going to be checking what Doo_Tint is illustrating above...i have, 20 pilots with 500 mains.....fatter than a pig right now. My piston domes are clean from the gasoline bath, not good - lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts