Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little input from everyone here. Im going to be ordering a new sled as soon as I can (early march). I do mostly trail riding, and then a few drags across the lake with the buddies.. nothing too serious. Have been riding the 800 ptek a bit this winter and love the motor.. smokes my 01 800. Obviously the Mach Z has my attention, but havent had the opportunity to ride an RT yet. The three sleds im considering are MXZ 800X, MXZ 800X Gade, or the Mach Z X. Im 6'4" tall and weigh 190lbs. What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Pat

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
I would go with the RT, they are a bit better for the taller person, I am 6'4" as well, and we have a rev and I love it, but the RT felt more comfortable when I rode it. I have read others saying that the RT is better for bigger people as well!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'd wait a few weeks and see what the new stuff is when it comes out....I think there are going to be a few new choices to "edit for bad language" to the list

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had an RT and I'm glad I dumped it and bought a 06 mxz renegade X. I think that there isn't a sled out there that handles and takes the big bumps better then a gade. Just my opinion. I could take the rough stuff for abit on the RT but had to slow down. With the gade's longer track it just rides so much better. Not to mention brp still hasn't worked the bugs out of the RT yet. Yes its better but good enough for me to buy one again.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mxzeatr said:
I would go with the RT, they are a bit better for the taller person, I am 6'4" as well, and we have a rev and I love it, but the RT felt more comfortable when I rode it. I have read others saying that the RT is better for bigger people as well!
[snapback]716470[/snapback]​
I had heard the same thing about the RT.. thats the main reason im considering one.. that and 170 hp doesnt hurt much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts