Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OEM part number 415082400. I have searched hi and low and can't find an aftermarket equivalent. Any ideas? Has anyone here used a different shock that works? The factory shock is no longer available and can't find a cross reference for any part that superseded this part number. I know there are some MXZ experts here that can point me in the right direction, Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I saw that on Ebay and agreed that was crazy. I would just pull it and rebuild it. Looks like 414894700 (OEM) or the SPI SU-4068 would work. 414894700 was used in the 97' MXZ 583 and the 98' MXZ 500, but not the 98' 583 & 670 for some reason. I am curious what the difference is between the 97' and 98' MXZ 583 shock. Looks like the same skid.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Definitely call Ian. Bet he has what you need, rebuilt for a fare price. He's popular around here.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Bad deal. Maybe look for a Kimpex replacement. Denniskirk.com carries them. Otherwise, the Facebook page ski-parts has a lot of shocks and part outs.

·
SnomoSnob
2,584 Posts
OEM part number 415082400. I have searched hi and low and can't find an aftermarket equivalent. Any ideas? Has anyone here used a different shock that works? The factory shock is no longer available and can't find a cross reference for any part that superseded this part number. I know there are some MXZ experts here that can point me in the right direction, Thanks!
What is the distance eye to eye? 21, 17 , etc...

GutZ

·
Registered
452 Posts
i would look into ryde fx shocks. thats what i have used for rebuilding older skids

1 - 8 of 8 Posts