Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 mxz 600 and need to know what settings the springs should be at for max performance. I took it to a buddy that knows about clutching and while there he took my secondary off and it was set at 6 and the helix was 50 he said or it was written on there. My problem was that I wasn't getting full shift out and only topping out at 80 mph, he says that the secondary shouldn't be set that high and this is why I have a black mark on top on primary. Does this sound right?? and what should they be at?? I don't know anything about clutching but how he explained it it sounds right to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
what are the clickers on the primary set at? have you done any regearing of it? what setting in secondary...b6?c6? has the primary/secondary been redone?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Many factors to consider

What is the secondary set at ,clickers ect ?

Just play around with it.change springs ,holes ,settings ect!It takes alittle time but that is the only way you will learn how to set a clutch up correctly.

STINER

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay yeah I just changed the top gear, I dropped down one tooth and had to change clickers to 4 from 3. After the gear change the rpm dropped to 7600 so I went up one and now at 8000 rpm. I just got off the phone with my buddy and he said the cluthes where pretty dirty and also had some rust on them. Not sure what from but hopefully he gets it goin good. Nothing to my knowledge has been done to this sled before I bought it two years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts