Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they are both 02 with less than 3k miles. both have almost new tracks. 800 picked 440 not but 440x has high compression pistons and heads. has been clutched and has risers. the 800 is brand new track low miles rer...etc. I already have a 2000 mxz700 stock but i think i need another one so maybe you can help me decide. i know the 440 will smoke a lot of sleds up to 60 but how bad would it really smoke a 800 twin with a picked track. also is the 800 twin really more than the 700 i have . i am curious to find out. let me know what you think. i do mostly trail riding but some lake runs so its a tough call.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
IMO...Get the 800! Pump gas, bigger displacement, RER

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol well i agree just curious cause i hear the 440's spank up to about 70 so that may be all i need but i wanted a bunch of opinions to help me decide. I want to try to show up some newer faster sleds on the traill. my riding experience is almost pro status been riding for years and I hammer through trials but i want somethin fast(example my girls uncle just got a brand new f8) i know ill never beat him in a straight line or on the lake with either but on the trails i bet a well tuned 440 might make him do a double take....lol

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Agree, 440's are plenty quick on the trails but I was thinking coming off a 700 you will not be too impressed with a 440. Plus the high comp heads and need for racing fuel can be a problem out in the middle of nowhere. And I would think as you sound like a very competent rider, you would still be quicker on the trails with the much more powerful 800

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
800 all the way! Steve

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will the 20 800 seem like more power than my 00 700 its all stock so i am just curious. also I read on here the 800,s of some years had issues with like the lower end or something like that is this year prone to anything like that , you know anything i should be looking for.also I just got an offer not a ski doo but perhaps a good sled a kid just offered me a 2002.5 arctic cat sno pro 440 with very little miles on it picked track says it smokes his crossfire 1000 to about 70 ?? i know back to 440 again but figured i would ask

·
Map of the Problematique
5,109 Posts
800 for sure. The 440 has likely been ridden much harder and potentially not taken care of as well as the 800.

Unless of course you know both of the sellers.

800 all the way, just be ready when the crank goes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the guy with the sno pro is a friend of mine and i trust the other two i dont know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts