Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the rotary valve engines that have three oil hoses coming from the tank (583, 670, etc.), which hose goes where? The oil pump feed line is obvious, but the other two appear interchangeable. Which goes on the upper engine connection, and which one goes on the bottom? One comes out of the oil tank higher than the other one, so I expect that this would be the return line, but I don't know which way it runs.

Please help if you can, even if you simply go look at your sled and describe it to me.

Or point me to a picture.

I have studied the BRP manuals and cannot find this specific anywhere.

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
That avatar looks familiar.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I've been accused of stealing it from Tinker several times . . .

I found it somewhere on the web about the time that Meet the Skeptical's (2nd one) came out. I just don't post much here. I'll change it as soon as I get a better one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The best answer I can come up with (to my original question) is that the top hose goes to the top engine outlet, and the bottom one goes to the bottom engine outlet. Of course the oil feed line out of the bottom of the tank goes to the top of the oil pump.

Anybody care to chime in?

Can someone take a look at their sled, and just follow the top hose? Does it go above the Rotary Valve or below it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I get some more input on this please?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think you have the right hose placement. IF you are having more problems i can go look at the manual for you

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
B.D.S.C. Rider said:
I think you have the right hose placement. IF you are having more problems i can go look at the manual for you
[snapback]764052[/snapback]​
Thanks, I have all of the manuals, but they do not indicate which way they go. The best thing I can think of is have a few folks simply look at their sleds. Just indicate where the top hose goes . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts