Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi everyone, I just recently bought an 07 MXZX 600 mod that has been trail converted and have noticed that it doesn't seem to be as quick as I would have guessed it to be. I don't know if there is an issue somewhere or if it is just me, but I used to ride an 04 F6 snopro and that sled felt a lot quicker than this one. When I purchased the sled I checked the compression and that checked out fine and the sled runs awesome with no issues (revs up to about 8200-8400rpm with a single pipe/stock can and has team clutches). I know these sleds are meant for racing and are not expected to have huge top end speed, but I feel like after 100ft or so it's just not picking up speed and I'm not going that fast. Is this normal and I am just not used to this type of sled or could it be a belt/clutch issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a quick picture of the engine too:

13047461275_f063b27f0a_z.jpg

·
Registered
549 Posts
Has ecm been sent out for trail curve?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has ecm been sent out for trail curve?
The guy I bought the sled from said it had been sent out by the original owner who did the actual conversion. The hot start button is still on the sled and plugged in, if that was used could it have messed something up? I know I've read on here before that on the 440's if it was still hooked up it was possible for it to switch back and forth from a race curve to a trail curve, but that the 600's did not have the trail curve on the computer. When the computer gets sent out to ski doo for the trail curve do they get rid of the race curve completely?

·
Registered
861 Posts
The only way to tell if the hot start is still plugged in and working is to try out the hot-start. If the sled does not respond, then when Tom Lawrence (BRP Race Director) reflashed the ECM, he removed the hot-start function completely and the computer is permanently in the trail curve (then theres no need to cut the hot-start button). I think you can also take the code off the back of the ECM and send Tom Lawrence an email with the code, he can tell you what has been done to it. His email is [email protected] Hope this help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you a ton for that contact info, the hot start button is still functional! Do you think by using it that it could have been out back onto a race curve? If so I'm not going to touch the thing until I get to the bottom of it, I don't want to risk hurting the motor.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I sent out FAC mod 600 for hot trail curve.Hot starts stays hooked up.We don't use it much just a lil gun shy:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you guys think I should put some octane boost in the fuel for the mean time until I hear back from Tom just to be safe? If so what do you guys recommend using?

·
Registered
549 Posts
What's compression?That will tell ya if it has trail domes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It had 132ish in each cylinder so I know it has trail heads. I guess I'm just concerned why it feels like it has no power after 100 or so feet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is low 130's a normal compression reading for a cold motor? I am heading up North this weekend and don't want to risk hurting anything.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright guys, I just got done emailing back and forth with Tom Lawrence from the Race Dept… he was a great help to me! Sadly I will be sending my ECM out to him at some point in the future to get it straightened out since he can not tell what has been done to it by the serial number.

·
Registered
41 Posts
have you checked the clutching to see what you have in there?
belt deflection?
is that a little black on the primary towards the top, hard to tell in the pic.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys sorry for the late responses, I ended up taking the sled up to Rangeley, ME over the weekend. The sled ran top notch and I could not be happier with how fun of a sled it was to ride! I messed with the clutch before I left and per Tom from skidoo, I mixed the oil richer than normal and threw some octane boost in it and had zero issues! Now that the seasons pretty much over here in Mass I'm going to send the ECM out to Tom and have him mess with it so it will be good to go for next winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts