Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a nice Renegade for my son and when we were going over it I noticed some damage to the governor cup and a hairline crack. Can't buy it new alone, but someone has to have an old clutch they don't need and are willing to part it out.

TIA!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
May be a crack, may be the casting, but if it is a crack, and you’re going through the trouble of tearing into it, why not rebuild it with the kit (incl the new cup)? Then you can ride trouble/worry free for a couple seasons.

·
Premium Member
27,924 Posts
The governor Cup is the large center piece (aka spider) that fits inside of the Sliding Flange (aka Moveable Sheave). That's an expensive $485 part to buy new. You can find a used clutch on DooTalk sub forum Sled Parts For Sale or Trade, or contact DooTalk sponsor Loclass or member Twinpower to see what they have in stock for a replacement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I found one locally luckily and it didn't ruin a trip! Now I have ANOTHER issue with the thing! Electric start doesn't work...no pull start either(seriously who would do this intentionally!?). Got to be a pain to emergency start it all weekend. Any ideas? Reverse doesn't work either(same button). All other buttons in the cluster work.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,924 Posts
When you say the reverse doesn't work, do you mean that pressing the RER while the engine idles will cause the engine to stall?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts